Chapter 81 - Our Day Will Come

Author's Note: Oh my Gosh guys wow I can't believe this fic is coming to an end. This chapter of course takes place during the episode 'A Wedding'.  We only have one final chapter before this story is completed. Hope you enjoy :) 

The next 6 months were extremely hard on me. Puck being away was a lot harder on me than I would like to admit. I had my mom's support and help with Lexi but it was still incredibly hard whenever she would have her little milestones and Puck wasn't there to see them. I constantly wrote letters to Puck to try to keep him updated on how life was back home and trying to make all seem like it was going well. The truth was I could hardly wait for him to come back home.

The hardest day for me probably had to be Lexi's first birthday. We had quaint little party with whoever was in town. "Quinn she looks so much like you," Rachel said in awe as I held Lexi. Lexi hid her face in my chest. "Sorry she's a little shy," I said as I tried to encourage her to say hi. "It's okay...she hasn't seen me much," Rachel said. "She knows me though," Brittany grinned as Lexi cooed at Brittany. "She definitely loves having Aunt Brittany over," I chuckled a bit. "She's also stayed at my house. She really likes Lord and Lady Tubbington. You should think about getting her a cat," Brittany said to me. "I don't know Britt...I mean we're not going to be staying in Lima plus I don't know if we'll have the time to take care of a pet," I sighed. "I told you that Britt," Santana said as Lexi got excited when she saw Santana. "Yes you want to go to Auntie Tana huh?" Santana chuckled as she carried Lexi. "Thanks for coming today guys...it means a lot," I said. "Hey we want to be here for you Quinn," Mercedes said. "Yeah. Besides I'm totally digging the Princess theme," Sam said as he bowed to Lexi. "My lady," he said in a prince voice. Lexi seemed to get excited with his impressions. "I think she likes you," I chuckled a bit. "You see Rach, I told you I'm good with kids," Sam beamed. "You're right," Rachel laughed as she wrapped an arm around Sam.

I raised my eyebrows. "When did that happen?" I asked Santana. "Who knows. I've decided against keeping up with who's dating who," Santana shrugged. "So you're still coming to me and Santana's wedding right?" Brittany asked hopefully. "I wouldn't miss it," I smiled a bit "Puck's coming home right before your wedding so he'll be there too." "That's good. It must be a relief to know he's coming home soon," Santana said. "Definitely. These last few months were so hard," I sighed. "Well you did amazing Quinn," Brittany grinned before suggesting "When Puck comes home you two should be my guests on Queso por dos!" I chuckled a bit "It would be an honor Britt," I smiled a bit. It was then time for us to sing 'Happy Birthday' to Lexi. I helped her blow out the candles hoping her wish was the same as mine, for Puck to have a safe return home.

Heading to the airport to pick Puck up just felt like for once things were really going to go exactly as planned. I arrived at the airport waiting for Puck who soon walked off the plane. I couldn't help but rush toward him when I saw him. He spun me around. "You don't know how much I've missed you," he whispered in my ear. "I could say the same thing. I'm so glad to have you home," I said emotionally as we kissed.

We arrived back at my mom's. "Noah, I'm so glad you're back," my mom smiled hugging Puck. "Thanks Mrs. Fabray," Puck smiled a bit as he then walked over to where Lexi was playing. "Hey baby girl. Do you remember me?" he smiled a bit. "Dada," she giggled as she took a few steps then fell into him hugging him. "I'm just glad to be back with my girls again," Puck smiled at both us. "We're glad to have you back," I smiled. For once things were going to be as they were supposed to be.

That afternoon Brittany and Santana had called Me, Rachel, and Mercedes to help them pick out their wedding dresses. "Listen up, bitches. Here is the game plan. Britt and I do not want to see each other in our dresses till the wedding. So we're gonna come out one at a time and show you our selections. Okay?" Santana said as she then headed back "And no peeking, Santana, 'cause I don't want 9,000 years of bad luck," Brittany called from her dressing room before peaking out to say "Let the fashion show begin!"