Chapter 54 - Valentine's Date-less

Author's Note: Happy Valentine's Day! So yeah this update is mostly centered around the 'Heart' episode. There wasn't too much I had wanted to use from 'The Spanish Teacher' episode since I felt that episode didn't truly show the characters acting like themselves. While Quinn only had a small role in that episode. So this is my take on those to episodes combined. Hope you enjoy :)

The next week the teachers were all abuzz about the tenor position that had opened up. Most of the teachers started to teach extra carefully to try and gain favor with us students. I knew who I would recommend for the position. Mr. Schue had been by far the best teacher I had. He was there for me throughout all the crazy that went on with my situation and handled it like a pro. Most of the other teachers weren't exactly kind with me being a pregnant teen and the kids were worse. I hoped Mr. Schue would get the position, however my gut told me it probably was going to be Coach Sylvester who got the position.

"We have an announcement," Rachel grinned holding Finn's hand as we all entered the choir room. "Did you two just win 'Most Annoying Couple'," Santana smirked as some of the New Directions chuckled. "No..." Rachel said somewhat annoyed. "I proposed to Rachel," Finn grinned. "And I said yes," Rachel grinned holding out her ring finger as the majority of the New Directions looked shocked. "When's the wedding?" Tina asked supportively. "Well...we don't know yet. We're hoping you know after Nationals we'll have a small but intimate ceremony at City Hall and you're all invited," Rachel grinned as everyone seemed to chatter excitedly. Kurt and I, however looked at each other nervously. Finn and Rachel were so young to make the decision to get married. That could easily backfire on them.

"Have you told your parents yet?" I asked. "We're...working on it," Rachel said biting her lip. "You'd think something you'd have to hide from everyone you love isn't a good idea," Kurt said in agreement with me. "Guys, come on. Rachel and I love each other and we know we want to spend the rest of our lives together. We'd appreciate it if you all would support us in this," Finn said as Rachel stood beaming next to him. The rest of us didn't seem to be onboard with the Finn/Rachel wedding but we decided it was best to just support them...at least for now while there was no real wedding date.

"Can you believe them? Getting married already," Puck said shaking his head as we walked out of the classroom. "It's crazy right?" I asked as Puck nodded. "Definitely. I mean Finn's my boy but I don't know the whole marriage thing is so...permanent," Puck said at loss. "So you don't think you'd ever get married?" I asked him. Puck shrugged. "I can't say. I mean I know the feeling of being in love. I feel it everytime I look at you," Puck said as my heart skipped a beat. "It's just I'm too young to determine exactly what I want right now and I don't want to hold you back," Puck said seriously to me. I nodded "I mean look how much we've both grown since our freshman year until now. I was torturing Rachel," I said. "And I was throwing kids into dumpsters," Puck said. "People change. They grow. I think getting married this young might stop them from pursuing their dreams and I don't want to see that for either of them," I said. "You're right," Puck said as we got to the classroom hoping things wouldn't end in disaster for Finn and Rachel.

Next week was Valentine's Day and Sugar invited us all to Breadstix where she was hosting her Valentine's Day event calling it the "Sugar Shack". She also made it a rule that no one could come without a date which made things interesting. I wasn't sure if Puck would want to go with me but I was hoping he would. I was stopped by Mercedes on my way out the door. "Hey Quinn, I was wondering if you wanted to join a Christian Club I'm starting up," Mercedes asked smiling. "I'd love to. When do you guys meet?" I smiled a bit. "Every day after school. So far Sam and I are the only members. I'm going to put up a signup sheet," Mercedes smiled. "Sounds great," I smiled a bit as she left the classroom.

Puck then wrapped his arm around me. "So the Sugar Shack, be my date?" he smiled. "Definitely," I smiled a bit. "That was easy," Puck laughed. "I know what you mean," I chuckled a bit. "I still can't believe you agreed to date me again," Puck said. "Openly date," I corrected him. "Yeah but still. I don't see any other guys on your arm now do I," Puck smirked. "Maybe I'm not with another guy," I said. "I know you're not," Puck said. "Oh and you have girls lining up to ask you out?" I asked somewhat annoyed. "Please I could get any girl to be my date. Just last weekend I cleaned a sorority house pool, I sawed through those chicks like friggin sex tornado," Puck smirked. I rolled my eyes at him. Did he seriously have to be so vulgar. "Hey you asked," Puck corrected me. "I didn't need every detail," I fumed. "You're just jealous that you couldn't get another date," Puck smirked. "Oh yeah," I said annoyed. "Yeah," Puck said. "We'll see about that," I smirked as I walked off to my first God Squad meeting. Come hell or high water I was going to get myself a date and Puck was going to be sorry he doubted me.