0.2 | hello family

Rosie's POV:

I awoke when the sun was still rising and Caroline was still sleeping.

It was about quarter past eight when I finished brushing my hair and putting on my outfit, which, if you as me, is super cute.

I wore a white turtleneck with brown bell bottoms and leather boots. I wore a mood ring, my pocket watch which was a gift from Caroline on my birthday, and my R initialed necklace. It wasn't exactly fashionable, but it held sentimental value to me.

I shrunk my trunk down and put it in my wicker purse, along with my perfume, and a brown jacket if need be (shrunken of course)

"Goodbye, Caroline." I murmured, hugging her tightly. She sniffed. "Goodbye, Rosie."

I took a step back and rolled my eyes when I saw a flash of blonde in the crowd.

"Tell him I said to fuck off, okay?"

Caroline giggled. "Of course. Farewell, Rosie. And good luck at school!"

I grabbed a handful of powder and stopped into the fireplace.

With a wink, I said, "I'll try.", and I threw the powder into the ground and yelled, "DIAGON ALLEY!"

And I left Beauxbatons Academy of Magic for the last time.

The Leaky Cauldron was famous to the Magical Brits, as the gateway from London to Diagon Alley. And they had really good eggs.

I stepped out of the fireplace and dusted my pants off, using a quick cleaning charm on my clothes.

"No, it can't be. Miss Evans, is that you?" A voice asked gruffly, and I looked up and smiled.

"Hello, Tom! Yes, it is me."

"Hey Barty! A plate of eggs and bacon, would ya?!" Tom the bartender yelled as I took a seat at the barstool.

"You know me so well, Tom. How have you been?"

Tom the bartender had become my friend when I was fourteen. I had needed a job and Tom had offered my one during the summer, and I had been back the last few to help, though I probably wouldn't do it this summer.

"I've been well, Miss Evans! Yourself?" Tom asked enthusiastically.

I grinned. "Well." He nodded. "You working this summer."

Sighing, I shook my head. "No Tom, sorry. I'm probably going to be grounded the entire summer."

I ate my eggs and bacon as I retold the story of why I got expelled, and the reasons for the honey prank, and when I was finished, I payed and went through to Diagon Alley.

I needed a few more books as there was a chance I wouldn't been leaving the house and a little studying never hurt anyone, as well as some more magical makeup. I love their colour changing eyeshadow for when I went to parties!

After selecting a few books and getting my cosmetics, I went back through to the bar and Tom called the Knight Bus.

I stepped on and waved goodbye as I told them my address.

We sped through London and I leaned back and stared out the window, dreading the punishment I would get.

When I finally got home and payed the driver eight knuts, my older sister Petunia was the first to greet me. Only one to greet me, actually.

She threw her arms around me and I followed, hugging her just as tight.

"Oh Rosie! I've missed you so much!" Petunia cried, stepped back and assessing me. "Oh you look so grown up! Let's go inside, Lillian is out with her friends."

We entered the house and went upstairs to Tunney and I'd shared bedroom. I'd called her Tunney since I was a child, as Petunia was always really hard to say.

My sister was a very beautiful woman, even if she didn't see it herself, with the most beautiful blue eyes and thick blonde hair that she wore in a feathered look, unlike mine which I wore straight.

"How's Vernon?" I asked and I began to pack my things away.

She grinned. "Wonderful! He's so kind, Rosie! But his sister Marge on the other hand . . . ugh."

I laughed and gave up packing, and decided to plop down next to her.

We talked for an extremely long time before Mum and Dad came home and sealed by doom.

Honestly, I think they were light on me because they knew what happened and the real reason I had pranked the Headmistress, leading me to be no television for the entire summer, which was fine.

The very next day, I made it my mission to go find my old friend, Severus Snape, though I liked to call him Sev.

I ran through the park and to the slums, where I knocked on the door of a familiar house.

It was opened by none other then a teenager with dark hair and pale skin, whom I recognised immediately.

"Sev!" The whisper-yelled as I launched myself into his arms. "Rosie!" He whisper-yelled back.

What's with all this whispering, you ask? Sev's dad is a drunk, and he also hates me for being Sev's friend but eh.

We ran to the big tree and laid under it like we did as children, and caught up with each others lives.

He told me of his problems with a group of boys that called themselves the Marauders, his falling out with Lily, and his friends named Lucius and Regulus.

I told him of all the problems that had occurred because of one dickhead who was firmly in my past, Caroline, and what Beauxbatons was like.

I could definitely say that I missed Sev, seeing as he was my best friend in the whole entire world.

I sighed as he mentioned Lily's trashy behaviour.

"When the world turns their back on you, you turn your back on the world." I announced as we watched the sun set.