2.6 | funnerals + exams

Third person POV:

"We are gathered here today to celebrate the lives of George Archibald Evans and Poppy Lin Evans née Hampshire."

Rosalie, Lily and Petunia sat in the first row, hugging each other tightly. Sobs escaped their mouths every few seconds, reminding them endlessly of what had happened.

All their friends attended, Petunia's included, filling up a whole three rows. Only Severus really knew Poppy and George, so he was sitting in the front with the Evans sisters, hugging them, much like Vernon Dursley, who had proposed to Petunia during the months Rosalie had been away.

"May they Rest In Peace, and may God guide their souls to the afterlife."

Everyone bowed their heads. Silence ensued, until the pastor spoke up again.

"Would anyone like to speak about Poppy and George?" Quickly, Rosalie stood. "Me. I'd like to say something." "Very well, Rosalie. Come up, child." She stepped onto the stage, hands visibly shaking.

"My name is Rosalie Evans, second born girl of the Evans family. My- My mother and father put up with a lot, but they still continued to be kind. When I was younger, and I entered a private boarding school, only to get expelled for some stupid childish jokes, they, instead of expressing their disappointment, spoke to me about how things would get better. I was never the best child, in fact, I was probably the worst out of us all. I got expelled four times, left my previous school, then went back to the first one. The worst thing about it, was, I never once thought to talk to them about everything going on and I regret it." Sobs bubbled up in her throat. She turned to the coffins. "Mum, dad, I love you. Thank you for being the best parents anyone could possibly be."

-Line Break-

The following week, Penny and Rosie returned to Oxford, as she decided she wouldn't continue her education at Hogwarts. Oxford was where she started. Oxford would be where she finished.

With a startle, she realised that she had not even a month left of school. All she needed to do was take her N.E.W.T's and she'd be finished! Rosalie would also be turning eighteen during the summer, just after Petunia's wedding which was set for the fifteenth.

She hadn't heard anything about Nicolas Hawthorne and what the hell his crazy ass had been doing, only hearing that he was still the same person as before. Some people never change, she supposed.

N.E.W.T's were the most nerve wracking thing Rosalie had ever done in her entire life. Her weakest subjects were Astronomy, History and Magical Creatures, while she excelled at Charms, Defence and Potions.

After exams, Rosalie had been ecstatic to learn that Penny had been accepted into the University of Oxford — the magical one, mind you — to pursue a career in magical zoology, a branch of Magical Creatures, something Penny excelled at.

"What do you want to do, Rosie?" Penny asked the last day before graduation. They sat in their usual spot, watching the sunset. She considered the question. "I've never really given it any though." She looked out at the darkening horizon. "The further just seemed so far away that I never really thought about it. Maybe something in Ministry." "Really?" "Yeah. I actually think I want to help people. People who are in abusive homes and such, who need a way to get out." "Law Enforcement?" "Yeah, like that lady, what was her name? She was just promoted to the head of the Department of Magical Law Enforcement. "Amelia Bones?" "Yeah, her! I wanna be like her. I should see if there's positions available in the ministry at this time." "Check the Daily Prophet when you get back to England." Rosalie sighed. "I'm gonna miss you, Pen." "I'll miss you as well, Ro, but we'll owl, right?" She nodded vigorously. "Every week." "Good." And as they watched the setting sun, Rosalie Evans felt wistfulness for the good old days.

Authors Note:

Okay that chapter was really short but I felt like I couldn't write more after that 😬😬

So, I've decided that Rosalie will be pursuing a career in Magical Law Enforcement. Comment your thoughts! What do you think about that?

QOTD: If you could do any job in the wizard if world, what would it be and why?

I'd personally want to have a job helping people, or maybe be someone's magical PA 😂😂

See you in the next chapter my loves!

-B 💕