1.4 | contract + sollution = happy couple

Rosie's POV:

It started to get a little bit warmer throughout the next couple of weeks, but it was still cold. People took to studying in the library again, so I decided to study out by the lake under a tree.

Ky, Em, Sirius, Remus and I were sitting outside doing homework. Well, I was. Ky was reading a book, Em was practicing a spell, Remus was writing notes down, and Sirius was asleep on his lap. If you're wondering where James was, he had gone to meet up with his boyfriend.

"What's the counter spell to-," I went to ask,  but suddenly I was greeted by the sight of James running towards us, tears streaming down his face. I shot up. "Jamie what's wrong?"  I asked, opening my arms so he could bury himself in my sweater. "T-That bitch N-Narcissa d-d-demanded a m-marriage contract between her and Luc! His father a-a-agreed a-and they're getting married in the summer!" His sobs were muffled by my sweater as we sunk down. Ky and Em wrapped their arms around his as well, and Remus rubbed his back soothingly. "I-I hate her!" He cried, clinging onto me. "Is their a way to make the contract void?" I asked, hugging my best friend/ brother tightly. "No." Remus said. "The only way to make it void is by the head of either the Malfoy's or the Black's to do it." "Wake Sirius up." I said, frowning a bit as a plan began to form in my head.

Once he was up and we filled him in, his eyes went dark. "Narcissa has always been the princess. Bellatrix is crazy, and Andromeda doesn't have the same views, so she always gets what she wants." "Hold up. You're Heir Black, even though your mother wants to disown you, right?" I asked. "Yes." He replied slowly, nodding his head. "So you're father would have to have said yes to the contract, right?" "Yeah." "Regulus told me that your parents married through a contract, and he was miserable." "When were you talking to him?" Em asked confusedly. "We're friends. Anyway, I need him to send a letter for me." I gently gave a half asleep James to Em, who nestled him between herself and Ky. "We'll meet you in the dorm." "Okay."

I panted as I ran. I had checked the Slytherin Common Room, the Potions classroom, and the last place I needed to check was the library. Finally, I saw him sitting at a table with a depressed looking Lucius, and a reading Sev. "Regulus!" I whispered sharply. He looked up from his book, Sev smiled and waved, and Lucius sighed. I sat down at their table. "I didn't want this to happen." Lucius whispered. "That bitch has always been infatuated with me, or rather, my inheritance." I nodded and smiled sadly. "James came running towards us crying. I'd never seen him so upset. Nevertheless, I think I've found a solution to your problem." The blonde's head snapped up fast. "I'll do anything. I love him so much." "Regulus." I turned to him, who looked up at me again. "I need you to send a letter to your father for me." He nodded. "Anything to see that bitch suffer."

He pulled out a piece of parchment and a quill from his bag. "Okay. Dear Father." He said as he wrote. He looked at me for the next words. "I am aware of the contract between Narcissa and Lucius Malfoy. . ."

In a few minutes we had constructed a letter. "Okay, read it aloud." He nodded and cleared his throat.

"Dear Father,

I am aware of the contract between Narcissa and Lucius Malfoy, and I am wondering why you have accepted it. You may not know this, but he was in a relationship with Heir James Potter, and may I remind you, you yourself were forced into an arranged marriage, so why inflict that misery on someone else, when they were perfectly happy with another.

I know this is a bit much, but please, I am begging you, make the contract void. Narcissa does not care for him, only his money. You know what it was like. The sadness, of having to marry someone you do not care for, the rage, as they beg for attention.

Lucius is a companion of mine, and I would hate to see him upset.

Yours sincerely,

Regulus. A. Black"

"Good. That's perfect." "Okay, I'll send it now." "Thank you." He nodded and I stood. "I have to go get a lot of food so my best friend can cry without starving. Get me when he replies." I said goodbye to them and left, stopping by the kitchen on the way back. "Hey guys." I greeted as I entered our dorm. "Hi Rosie." James whispered as he laid his head on Em's chest. "I got snacks." Everyone took some food and Em moved so I could lay next to James. "I got Regulus to write a letter to Lord Black. Lucius is devastated, Jamie. He said he loves you." I felt tears soaking through my top, and realised he was crying. I hugged him tightly. "I don't even know why I'm crying. It's not like he said he hated me or something." He cried. "It's okay Jamie. I'm sure it'll work." We laid there for a few minutes, and my hatred at this Narcissa bitch grew. "You know what." I let go of James and stood up. "I'm going to pay this Narcissa bitch a visit. And perhaps Rita Skeeter." "I'm coming with you." Em declared as she stood up. "Me too." Ky agreed, also standing up. "You guys stay with James. I'm going to go teach this bitch a lesson."

I strutted through the castle, wand held tightly in wand hand. We saw Narcissa Black being followed by a bunch of Slytherin girls. "Merlin Narcissa. You are so lucky! You get to marry Lucius Malfoy!" I laughed loudly, drawing their attention. "Narcissa Black, is it?" I asked, even though I already knew the answer. "Soon to be Malfoy." She replied cockily. "It's not going to be for long." An angry look passed over her face and she pulled out her wand and pointed it at us. "I AM GOING TO BE LADY MALFOY SO YOU WILL RESPECT ME YOU FILTHY MUDBLOOD!" She screeched angrily. "No you will not." A cold voice said from behind us. We turned to see hard looking Lucius, with Sev and Reg behind him. He was holding up a half burned piece of parchment. "As of today, the contract between you and I is void. Your uncle has cancelled it, and there is nothing you can do about, you cock sucking, money grabbing whore." Her face went red. "NO. MY FATHER PROMISED ME I WOULD BECOME LADY MALFOY!" "Newsflash bitch." Sev said smirking. "Lord Black never signed the contract. Your father did, and because he is not Lord Black the contract was technically void from the beginning."  Her face went red. "You'd give up this," she waved a hand over her poorly dressed body, "for that stupid Potter brat?!" "Any day." He replied coldly. "Why?! I'm hot, pretty, rich and beautiful!" I snorted. "James, on the other hand, is smart, something you aren't, athletic, once again, something you aren't, gorgeous, obviously you're not, and he is rich as well." She turned and stomped away. "Bitch!" Ky yelled. I laughed and turned. "You're Father was quick." I noted, moving closer to the boys. Reg shrugged. "He didn't even write a letter. All I got was a burned contract. It was really funny." I laughed. "Where is James?" Lucius asked anxiously. "I'll take you to him."

I opened the door to our dorm. We got a few weird looks when we brung them up here, but with a glare from me they looked away. "Jamie." I said as I entered the room. He was laying on my bed sleeping, and Remus and Sirius were reading together. "Hey bitches!" Em said as she ran and flopped on her bed. "Hey. What happened?" Remus asked as he ran his slender fingers through Sirius' hair, who was reading a book. "Basically the contract was void from the beginning because Narcissa's father signed it but he isn't Lord Black." "Mm. My father had to suffer his cousins threats of what he was going to do when he was Lord Black, but my father got the tittle, and he's never gotten over it." "James will be relieved." I nodded in agreement. Lucius went and sat down next to James. "Do you want some time alone?" I asked. "Yes please." Remus picked Sirius up, and we all exited.

"This is taking forever!" Sirius whined. "They're probably snogging." Ky replied with a smirk. "No! Kylie Plait! Don't you dare open that do-," "to late." She flung open the door to reveal the couple cuddled together sleeping. "Aww." "That's so cute!" I mumbled putting my elbow on Sev's shoulder. "Well, I need to finish the bloody history assignment." "Me too." "Me three!"