1.8 | letter from the ex

Rosie's POV

Now that we had found all the girls, it was time to plan out how we would reveal the fakes. "Finite Incantatem?" Alice suggested as she laid on the couch, staring up at the ceiling. She was really bummed that Frank had moved on to another girl named Lila Goldstein. "But what if they're not being played by other people? What if the fakes are just conjured beings?" Marlene replied grimly. She was pissed that someone had given her such a bad reputation. "We can do it secretly, like wands under the table or something." Alice offered, and I shook my head no at the idea. "It might hit someone else. Then who knows what could happen." She sighed and nodded. "Then let's just storm into that hall and fuck then up!" Dorcas exclaimed violently. I knew she was the most angry. Her fake had given her such a bitchy attitude towards everyone, and she knew people wouldn't just get over it. "That actually sounds like our best bet." Sirius agreed. "Not the, fuck them up, part, but the storm into the Great Hall part sounds perfect. They'd be trapped." Remus nodded. "She's right, aside from the hitting them part. It's our best bet." "So what, we go in there and yell out?" Mary exclaimed. "It's barbaric," her incredulous face turned into a mischievous one, "but it would be interesting." "Well then, it's settled." Lily stood up and dusted off her jeans. "I have to go explain all this to my parents. Rosie I kind of need you to come. . ." She trailed off, making me jump up. "Sure. Let's go!"

I opened the door of our house gently, only to be greeted with my sister and sister's boyfriend making out. "Oh my Gosh! Petunia Evans!" I screeched, covering Lily's eyes. She swatted my hands away annoyedly. "Hey! I'm only two minutes younger!" "We need a family meeting now."

The whole entire Evans family sat at the dining room table with glasses of lemonade. "Okay, so this may come as a shock, and I don't really know how to explain it," I began, nervously twisting my fingers. "Um, well-," "just spit it out Rosie." Tunney said, annoyed at having to stop her face sucking session. "Lily was being played by someone else!" "What?!" Our mother screeched, sounding just like fake Lily. "Mum, Mum calm down. She's fine." Our father put a comforting hand on mum's shoulder and motioned for us to continue. "The bitchy attitude-," "Rosie! Language!" "The revealing clothes, the trouble. That was all played by fake Lily. Our Lily was made to forget everything about Wizardry and us, and she woke up in the hospital and the doctors said her name was Lily Collins. They said she was in a car accident and she had amnesia." Mum began to cry, making us groan. When mum cried, it was for hours, and despite everything we had to do, we couldn't leave. "Mum! Please don't cry." Lily begged. "I-I'm sorry! My daughter was just kidnaped for-," she stopped, "how long has this been going on?" "Just this year." I lied easily. My mother have reacted badly if she found out Lily had been like that for much longer, there was a chance we wouldn't be able to go back to Hogwarts. "Mum, we have to go do some stuff, but we'll be back before the school year starts."

Quickly pulling Lily up, we hugged our parents and Tunney, and quickly left for Potter Manor. "Whew." Lily said as she flopped down on one of the many couches. "I'm assuming it went well?" James said as he followed us into the living room. "It went decent." "Good. Our Hogwarts letters came today. We're going shopping tomorrow." "Okay, sounds good."

Next morning:

I woke up at eight to Lily jumping on me. "Wake up!" I groaned and rolled over. "Lily!" "We're leaving in a half hour! Get up!" I nodded sluggishly and slowly peeled the covers back. "Give me a few minutes."

Once Lily left the room, I got dressed into a dark blue dress that ended at mid thigh, because honey I was feeling it, and black heels. I quickly threw my hair up into a bun, and added a black choker to complete my look.

"Morning everyone." I greeted. "Morning!" Sirius replied, mouth full of bacon. The others same a few good mornings as I sat down and grabbed some bacon. "Are you ready to go shopping?" Lily asked. "Yeah, but at this rate, I'm gonna need to pack two bags." Lily rolled her eyes. "But you don't need all those clothes." I gasped to fake horror. "Yes I do!" She rolled her eyes again. "Of course. Should we get going?" "Yup!" James said, mouth full. Lucius wrinkled his nose. "Don't speak with your mouth full." Him and Mary chided at the same time. They tinted a little, and I snorted. "Let's go."

I stepped out of the fireplace, eyes darting around the massive expanse of Diagon Alley. After everyone had come through, I linked Marlene's, who I had bonded over makeup with, arm through my own and we began our shopping trip with Flourish and Blotts. The book store was unsurprisingly crowded. Children weaved in and out through all the isles, giggling and laughing, and teenagers, some of them I recognised, stood purchasing books. After getting several books and paying, we headed to Madam Malkins. I wanted a new scarf, and Lily and the other girls needed new robes. "What about this one?" I asked, holding up the end of a scarf to James. "I liked the other one." He replied, fingering the material. "Mmm. Same. I think I'll go with that one." I dropped the end of the scarf I was holding and grabbed the better one, throwing it over my arm. "Wait look at that one!" James groaned.

I collapsed in an armchair and let out a breath of air. "I'm so tired." "That's what you get for shopping for six hours." James replied smugly. I flicked my finger and closed my eyes. "Rosie! There's a letter for you!" Ky entered the room and threw me a letter with my name scrawled on the front. My eyes widened considerably. I knew that handwriting. I ripped the letter open and scanned it quickly.

My Dearest Rosalie,

I'm sure you'll be delighted to hear I'll be transferring to Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. I'll see you there, my love.

Your love,
Nicolas Hawthorne

I gasped and dropped the letter. "Rosie?" I blinked several times. "Rosie? What's wrong?" "Nicolas- he's coming!" "Who's Nicolas?" "Uh, someone I met at Beauxbatons. Ex-lover, you could say." "Ex-lover?" Lily asked as she entered the room. "Yeah. We had a fling, and then he became obsessed with me. Like, actually obsessed. He would send me love letters and shit, it was really stupid." I replied, picking the letter again. "He was infatuated." I scrunched up the letter and threw it in the fire the elves had just started. "He's coming to Hogwarts." I bit my lip. "Hopefully he'll be sorted into Slytherin or some shit." Standing up, I dusted off my dress and sauntered out of the room. "I'm going to get my nails done! Anyone wanna join?" "Me!" Several people replied. "Fireplace! Ten minutes!"