2.7 | the end of a magical journey

Authors Note:

WE'RE ALMOST TO THE END OF THIS STORYYY!!!! so, I think we might have a couple more chapters, maybe 5+? I'm still unsure of who Rosie is going to end up with, I  need to finish some plot lines like Emma and Nicolas and stuff, but I think I have a few ideas.

Also, let's do a vote. Who do you want Rosie to end up with? Comment please! I'd really love some ideas. Someone commented about Rosie and Regulus, but I'm kind of hesitant seeing as I already have a story about Regulus, go check it out if you want. So yeah, with that, let's get on to the chapter.

Third person POV:

Rosalie didn't know weather to feel happy or sad.

It was her graduation. Her magical journey was coming to an end.

It was almost funny, actually. She had been to five different counties for five different schools and ended up in the first one.

The day was perfect for the ceremony which was held outside on the beach. The blue sky was clear and cloudless, the hot sun beat down on them.

"Welcome to the graduation of 1978." Headmistress Jones welcomed all the families. In the crowd sat Petunia and Vernon, smiling for their sister (in-law).

"We will start by welcoming the students on stage in alphabetical order. Rosalie Evans."

The blonde smiled and stepped up onto the strange, black robes swishing around her legs. "Anna Hornet."

Rosalie was joined on the stage with Anna, who sent her a smile. "Penny Jacklyn." Her best friend stood next to Anna, and she zeroed in on Petunia, making her smile.

When all the names were called out, the Headmistress handed each of them their scrolls of parchment, bound by a ribbon of their house colour.

"This year, we have two awards to be given. One for the student with the highest N.E.W.T scores, and the other for a student with a compassionate heart, a colourful mind, and a pure soul. This year, it is my pleasure to announce the Anne Arrowhead of Intelligence award to Miss Anna Hornet of House Macrion."

The audience burst into applause as the starstruck girl revived her trophy, eyes misty with tears.

"And this year, the award of compassion is presented to Victor Hodge."

The audience burst into applause as the boy went to receive his award, lips stretched in a smile.

The Head boy and girl gave a speech, though Rosalie didn't particularly listen, opting to zone out.

After they had got back into the line, Headmistress Jones raised her wand, the graduates copying. Colourful sparks flew from their wands, and the sound of clapping and whistling filled the air.

She had done it. She had graduated.

Rosalie rushed down the steps and threw herself into Petunia's arms.

The sisters hugged tightly, then separated. Vernon opted for a firm handshake and smile. "Congrats Rosie!" Her sister said with a squeal, shaking her sister's shoulders. "I'm so proud of you." Rosalie smiled lightly. "Thank you, Tunney." She replied sincerely. "Have you packed all your things?" Rosalie nodded, pulling her shrunken trunk from her pocket. "Yeah. I just need to say goodbye to Penny. We won't be able to see each other until her break." Petunia nodded and watched as her sister turned and pushed her way through the crowd.

"Pen!" Penny turned around, not prepared for the fierce hug she received. "I'm going to miss you, Penny." Rosalie whispered, tightening her grip on Penny's waist. "I'll miss you as well, Ro." She replied, laying her head on Rosalie's shoulder. "But we'll owl, right?" "Every week." The blonde confirmed. "Good luck at University." "Thanks, Ro. Good luck for your internship." "Thanks, Penny. I love you." "Love you too, Rosie. Take care." "You too." They hugged one last time before separating, and Penny watched as Rosalie turned and made her way through the crowd.