2.4 | oxford academy

Rosie's POV:

'This place hasn't changed.' I thought to myself as I wandered around the halls. The same marble floors, patterned ceilings, endless hallways, secrets at every turn. From the west tower were I was standing on a bridge linking the west and north towers together, watching the glittering water kiss the sand again and again. Small dots were sprinkled along the
shoreline;  students who were taking advantage of the beautiful day. I missed this. 'Why did I ever start getting into mischief?' I questioned myself as I sighed. It would do no good to wonder. 'Keep going Evans, you have too.'

House Knight was situated in the east tower. I felt nervous being back, but wallowing in self pity was not something I wanted to do, so I sucked it up and entered the commons. Immediately every pair of eyes turned my way, about thirty of them. 'Huh, I guess they've had a good success rate.' "Who are you?" A girl asked, gripping her wand. "I- I'm a transfer student." "Oxford doesn't take transfer students." She replied, a threatening look resting upon her face. "Well, I'm not really a transfer student. I'm kind of. . . returning, I guess you could say." "Who are you?" She asked cautiously. "Rosalie Evans, I used to-" "Rosie?" In a shock, I realised who this was. Penny Jacklyn.

Gone was the long brown hair, instead, she had ink black hair that was shaved on the sides but long on the top. Her eyes were still honey coloured, but her skin was paler, and several piercing decorated her ears.

"Penny?!" We rushed forwards and I jumped into her arms. "Oh my gods! Rosie! I missed you so much!" I jumped into her arms. She wrapped her arms around my waist. After a couple of seconds, she pulled back as if to inspect my body. "You look amazing." "Thank you, Penny. You look beautiful as well." Penny seized by wrist and looked at the girl who had questioned me. "It's okay, Opal. This is Rosie, she used to attend, but she got expelled." She turned back to me. "Come on, we have so much to talk about. Let's find you a dorm."

After Penny had found a spare dorm, I left my things in there and followed her down and out of the castle. I knew exactly where we were going. The beach.

"So why'd you come back? How did you even get accepted in again?" We sat on the sand a little ways away from some kids playing volleyball. "It's a long story, Pen, honestly. I don't even know where to begin." "The beginning would be lovely." She replied, making me laugh. "Well, it all started once I began my fifth school - " "five schools, Evans?!" "Yeah. Oxford, Salem, Durmstrang, Beauxbatons, Hogwarts. Anyway, my sister Lily was being a bitch, right? So we had a little brawl and stuff, and then I met some friends, Kylie and Emma. After that I met more friends, James, Sirius and Remus. Lily and I kept having fights every other day. She got her prefect badge taken off her, Kylie filled her space. I met some more friends, Regulus and Lucius, Severus was already my friend, and, well." I sighed deeply. "This boy that I used to date in Beauxbatons turned up. The thing was though, he was crazy. He was infatuated with me, no joke, it was not funny. His name was Nicolas Hawthorne. I had broken up with him ages ago, but he started sending me creepy letters like 'meet me here or there will be consequences' and all that bullshit."

"One day, Kylie had ended up in the hospital wing because Nicolas had attacked her. Emma went off at me. She told me all these things, and even if they were nasty, they were true." I sighed and placed my head on top of my knees. "What'd she say?" Penny asked as she stared out into the glittering sea. "She talked about how the dark lord was rising and how all I was doing was partying. She said I was eventually going to get kicked out of Hogwarts and then forget about them! And the truth is, Penny, she was right! Every goddamn school I've gone to, I've made new friends! I've forgotten about them. You! Iris, Freya, Logan, Adam, Caroline!" Tears threatened to spill. "I'm a horrible person." "Rosie, we all make mistakes." Penny tried. "That doesn't excuse my behaviour! I've been a horrible friend! God she's right! I should just go back to the muggle world! I'm just a mudblood!" "Rosie!" She gasped. "Don't say that about yourself! It's not true!" "It is." "Rosalie Evans." Penny whispered. "You are not a mudblood. Sure, you've made some mistakes, but you're learning from them." "I've made some huge mistakes." "What will it take for you to realise that you're not a compete fuck up?" "At this point, Penny, I have no idea."

Hogwarts, three months later: Third Person POV:

Sirius Black was furious. He was pissed for many reasons, a few of them being Nicolas Hawthorne, Emma Evergreen, and school.

It had been five months since Rosalie Evans had disappeared. He knew Rosie was powerful, but he never thought she was powerful enough to stay hidden for the period of time she had. He missed his friend greatly.

Nicolas Hawthorne had been a pain in the ass. He acted so sincere and as if he missed her, then had sex with the next girl who came around the corner. He also had tendency to think he was better then everybody.

Emma Evergreen was also a problem. Since Kylie had woken up and expressed her disappointment with Emma, the girl had become unbearable. She talked trash about Rosie everyday, called her names, even went as far as calling her a mudblood. It had gotten so bad that Kylie couldn't stay with her anymore, and requested a room change. She was placed in a new dorm with a few other girls shortly after.

The only thing Sirius could do was wait, but after finding out that Mr and Mrs Evans had passed away due to a car crash, he was certain Rosie would come back. Hopefully, they could get her to return to Hogwarts — if they could reach her.

Authors Note:

Well Emma's a bitch now. Trust me. She will be horrible. I'm thinking about doing
Emma/Nicolas 'cause they're both assholes.

Prepare for a big change in Miss Rosalie Evans.

See you guys in the next chap!

-B💕