2.3 | welcome back, miss evans

Two months later:
Rosie's POV:

I didn't go back. I stayed there, in the forest, hiding my aura from everyone. The oak tree where I spent my first night curled under was where I built my tree house. It was very difficult, mind you. I had to gather the wood myself, and use spells upon spells to keep it together. I summoned my trunk and used some old shirts and some sturdy sticks to make my bed, and though it wasn't the most comfortable, I used it. My trunk was always set out now. I transfigured things into stuff I needed, but other then that, I didn't leave my house.

A couple of times I heard someone shouting my name, and I would have to put up my notice-me-not charms. I still got the daily prophet delivered by my eagle, Archie, and funnily enough, I had my own article!

Run away from Hogwarts?!

That's right my loyal readers! Weeks ago, seventh year Rosalie Evans, ran into the forbidden forest, and hasn't been heard from since! Here's what her friends have to say about it:

"I just want Rosie to come back. She was pretty distraught after someone made a few comments about her life and such."
-Sirius Black, seventh year Gryffindor, best friend.

"My sister was just. . . she was angry and upset. I just want her back, I'm praying to everyone she's safe."
-Lily Evans, seventh year Gryffindor, Twin sister.

"I love her so much, and I know she loves me too. I just hope my darling is safe."
-Nicolas Hawthorne, seventh year Ravenclaw, boyfriend.

So readers, what's your opinion? We can only hope Miss Evans is safe and will return to her family soon!

Rita Skeeter, out!

That last one pissed me off. I hated Nicolas Hawthorne, he was the reason this had happened. I hoped Ky was okay, and didn't hate me, though the latter was wishful thinking. She probably did. It was my fault she had been hurt. The things Emma said were true. I remembered all the friends I had made. Penny Jacklyn from when I was eleven and in Oxford Academy. Iris Murray and Freya Bowie from Salem Institution. Logan Malone, Adam and Jackson Norman from Durmstrang, and Caroline from Beauxbatons. All these people I had promised to be friends with, but I had gotten expelled. I was a failure. I couldn't even stay in a school for more then two years. But maybe I could go back. . .

Headmistress Jones,

I suppose I should thank you for even opening this letter. If you don't know who this is, firstly, I'm offended, secondly, it's me, Rosalie Evans. Please don't stop reading.

I know I'm in no position to do this, but please, for the love of Merlin, let me come back. Yeah, it's okay to laugh because I know you are right now.

You're probably thinking, 'wow this girl is so stupid.' Don't worry, I know. Past experiences have taught me a few things. I gave up on causing mischief, I promise. So please, just consider this.

Sincerely,
Rosalie Evans, the girl you expelled because she accidentally set the library on fire (Sorry about that too, I don't think I ever did apologise).

"Bye Archie." I muttered, seeing my eagle become smaller and smaller. Hopefully she would agree and I could go back. Sighing, laid down on my makeshift bed and closed my eyes. I could go for a power nap.

Third Person POV:

Meanwhile, Helen Jones was surprised to see an eagle tapping on her window at eleven o'clock at night. She carefully opened the window, making sure not to hurt the bird, then took the letter from its grasp.

Opening the letter, her eyes widened when she realised who this was. Helen hadn't made contact with this girl in a while. She read the letter thoroughly twice before thinking. It was obvious Rosalie Evans had gone through something, as she knew the girl was prideful, and would not apologise. But here she was. Apologising more then a year later. Helen sat down at her desk and pulled out a piece of parchment, seemingly having made her decision.

Miss Evans,

I have to say, it was a surprise to receive your letter. It has been a couple of years since we have last contacted. But, I am curious, so how about we meet up for tea? I presume you still remember my floo address, after all, you did change it once.

Sincerely,
Helen Jones

Back to Rosie's POV:

I would be lying if I said I wasn't nervous, because I assure you, I was. After wiping my body down with a wet cloth, I dressed in a grey knit sweater, light blue boyfriend jeans and my white converses, then I put my hair up in a bun, and for safety, I clasped a light blue cloak around my neck. For the first time in over two months, I packed up my trunk, after shrinking my bed and placing all my transfigured items in as well. I threw up my notice-me-not charms, and then set out for Hogsmeade.

I took me just under two hours, and I used the floo in Madam Puddifoot's tea shop, paying a couple galleons on the way.

The familiar sight of Headmistress Jones' office greeted me. I stepped out of the fireplace then dusted my clothes off. The walls were still pale blue and the carpets a beautiful cream.

"Miss Evans," I looked over to see Headmistress Helen Jones sitting at her desk. I smiled nervously. "Hello, Headmistress. Long time no see." "Yes, Miss Evans, very long. Please, have a seat." "Thank you Ma'm. Steering my trunk down, I took a seat opposite her. "How are you, Miss Evans?" "Rosie is just fine, Headmistress, and to answer your question I'm. . . regretful." "I was definitely curious about your letter. What brings you back?" She picked up a tea pot and poured steaming hot tea into two china cups. "Well. . . I've had to come to accept the fact that this is a time of war. I was previously a student of Hogwarts, but past experiences made me leave, and I realised all the promises I've made and broken. I've been to four other schools, I've made so many friends and promised to keep in touch with them but I haven't. I just want a fresh start." Headmistress Jones swirled some sugar into the tea. "You are truly regretful?" "I swear on my magic." "Very well, Miss Evans." I took a deep breath.

"Welcome back to Oxford Academy of Magic."

Authors Note:

Holy shit I'm so sorry for not updating for so long! My creativity's run dry a little bit, but I managed a couple update because it's my birthday tomorrow!!

So yeah, birthday update. ALSO THIS BOOK IS ALMOST AT 10K READS!!!!

*shook*

Thank you guys so much, I really appreciate it like you have no idea!

See you guys next chap!

-B💕