2.8 | weddings, birthdays, next it'll be christmas

Third person POV:

"Rosie come on!" Lily yelled as she bounded up the stairs of their grandmother's old seaside cottage.

"I'm coming!" Rosalie replied as she followed her sister, clutching black bags containing their dresses.

Petunia was in the master bedroom at the vanity, having a pre-wedding freak out. "What if he decides he doesn't want to marry me Lils?! WHAT IF I TRIP?!" She screamed hysterically, pulling at the ends of her blonde hair.

"Calm down," Yvonne, Petunia's good friend and the maid of honour, soothed. "You'll be fine. Vernon loves you, it's been apparent since we were thirteen."

"Yeah," Lily agreed, "Vernon loves you. You will be fine and you will have lots of little Dursley babies named Dudley and Dorothy."

"What kind of name is Dudley?" Rosalie protested, wrinkling her nose.

"Stop talking about baby names and get in your dresses!" Petunia ordered as she turned to them. "I need everything to be perfect so please don't stress me out."

The twins nodded and Lily grabbed her dress from her sister's arm. "Of course. Everything will be perfect, let's go Rosie."

—Line Break—

The wedding service was followed by dancing and having fun with family.

Vernon's sister, Marge, was talking all about her new bulldog breeding service to some of the Evans family, while the twins were sitting with their grandparents, Finn and Anastasia.

"You know, Rosalie," Finn began. "When I proposed to your grandmother, she hit me in the head with her shoe." He let out a wheezy laugh, accompanied by the blonde's giggles.

"Pops, we know, you've told us this story a billion times." Lily said as she sipped on some ice water. "Nana didn't believe you so she took off her white shoe and threw it at your head with tears in her eyes."

Rosalie laughed again. "At least it was worth it." She shrugged, watching her sister and brother in-law dance.

"You girls'll be turning 18 soon, huh?" Anastasia asked scratchily.

"Yeah nana. Lils and I will be 18. We're moving out remember?"

Anastasia nodded, though she probably didn't remember. "You grew up so fast. Tunney got married, you girls are moving out. Promise me you'll come visit your grandparents once in a while."

The twins nodded and replied, "Of course nana, always."

Anastasia nodded. "Good. Good."

—Line Break—

A few days later, the twins celebrated their eighteenth birthdays with their family and friends.

Petunia decorated the family home for one last birthday occasion before it was sold, and Kylie, Alice and surprisingly Peter helped make the cake.

"Happy birthday, Rosie!" James cheered as he engulfed his friend in a hug. "Thanks, James." She replied, hugging him back.

Penny had come for the occasion too, and had brought Rosalie the best present in the entire world: a kitten.

She said it was a Russian blue, a grey fluffy cat with big bluey green eyes. The blonde wound her arms around her best friend's neck then cuddled the kitten close to her, squealing as it curled up in her arms.