2.5 | tragic

A bit of a POV change here, sorry guys!

Third person POV:

Rosalie Evans had changed. She had changed so drastically that if not for her green eyes, identical to her sister's, and her classic blonde hair, she wouldn't be recognised.

After the first month in Oxford, Rosie had cut her hair off so it brushed her shoulders, and flipped her parting to the left side. Her skin tanned due to the sunny weather, and her body increased in actual muscle, only very slightly, due to the physical education Oxford had for the students.

Another thing: she may or may not have kissed her best friend.

Shocking, I know. Note the sarcasm. Rosie and Penny spent so much time together that they accidentally kissed, and Rosalie had figured out she was pansexual. She didn't really care though. She was happy! Until she got the news of her parents untimely death.

Rosie's POV:

After packing my bags, I laid down and finally allowed myself to cry. Ugly, heaving sobs echoed around the dorm room, and it was only when Penny cane in that I had someone to comfort me. "Why?! Why did this happen?!" "I'm not sure, Ro." Penny answered as she wrapped her arms around my waist. Silence followed, until I said, "Do you think it's payback?" "No, Rosie, I don't it's payback." She replied firmly. "It wasn't."

Penny, who would be accompanying me to England, packed some clothes and we made it way to the Headmistress's office.

"Good morning, Miss Evans, Miss Jacklyn. Are you ready?" "Yes M'am." I replied, shrinking my trunk and placing it in my side bag. "Very well. The floo is open." "Thank you." I cupped some powder in my hands and stepped into the fireplace. "HOGWARTS SCHOOL OF WITCHCRAFT AND WIZARDRY!"

Third Person POV:

Rosalie stumbled out of the fireplace and dusted her jeans off, only looking up when Penny followed her through.

At his desk, Albus Dumbledore smiled and stood. "Welcome back, Miss Evans." Rosalie nodded curtly. "Thank you, Headmaster. I've come to get Lily, so we can go home." "She is in the Great Hall, it is dinner time after all. I trust you remember where it is?" She nodded. "Yes, Headmaster. I'll just pop over and get her."

The pair walked down to the Great Hall, Penny linking their hands half way through. "You nervous?" The dark haired girl asked. "Fucking terrified, Pen."

The students of Hogwarts turned to the doors when they opened with a bang. Gasps resounded loudly through the hall. "Whoops." A sheepish looking girl with dark hair murmured. "Whoops is right." "ROSIE!" In a flash of red hair, Lily Evans was out of her seat and in her sister's arms. "Hey Lils." Her twin has started sobbing, "you're back! You're finally back!" Kylie, James, Sirius, Remus, Lucius, Marlene, Alice, Dorcas and Mary surrounded her with hugs and, "I missed you!" "Don't ever leave us again Evans!" "I was so worried I grew grey hair!" "Shut up Sirius!"

They all stepped back and noted how their friend clutched onto the other girl tightly. "We should go . . ." Rosalie bit her lip. "But I owe you all answers." "Yes, you do. Let's go." They began to lead the pair away until Penny stopped. "Where's Emma Evergreen?" "Over there." Sirius answered, rolling his eyes at the stuck up girl. "Excuse me for a second." "Penny, don't." "Penny do." Remus muttered. "We all know that bitch deserves it."

Penny stormed over to Emma and Nicolas, rage filling her beautiful honey coloured eyes. She ripped the girl roughly off the boy's lap, and held her up by the scruff of her collar. "If you ever, ever, call my best friend a foul name again, I'll break your fucking face you stupid cunt." She let the struggling Emma fall to the floor, and glared menacingly at Nicolas. "Leave her the fuck alone you obsessed bastard. She's too good for you." "Don't talk to my boyfriend like that!" Emma snapped, standing up. "You shouldn't even be in our presence you trashy whore!" "Avis!"

A flock of birds flew from Rosalie's wand, attacking her once friend. "Don't you ever call my best friend a trashy whore, you wannabe loser." She snarled. "Let's go, Penny. I don't need this kind of negativity in my life. Have fun with that cheating, lying, dirty, backstabbing bastard, Evergreen." With that, the girl took Penny by her arm and they left the hall, leaving confused and awed students in their place.

The Gryffindor common room was as cozy as Rosalie remembered. She plopped down on Penny's lap
— their running joke between each other (long story) — and threw her legs up in Lily's lap. "I supposed I owe you all an explanation." She began with a suffering sigh. "Yes, you do, Rosie." Lily replied firmly.

It took nearly an hour to explain everything. Once Rosalie was finished explaining, silence surrounded them. "Wow . . ." James trailed off from where he was sitting on Lucius' lap. "That's right." Alice breathed, still slightly in shock. "You've some so much in the last couple months." She bit her lip. "It's already almost eight. I'm going to go see Sev and Reg. You coming, Pen?" Penny nodded and stood once Rosalie slid off her lap. "We'll be back. Or maybe not. I might end up sleeping the Slytherin Dorms." "The password is Salazar." Lucius called. "I'm staying with Jamie." He kissed his boyfriend's neck lightly. "Okay. See you guys later."

"Salazar." The wall of the Slytherin common room slid open. The pair entered together and Rosalie immediately saw Regulus sitting by the fire. "Black!" He turned his head and his eyes widened in shock. "Rosie! You're okay!" "Of course I'm okay, Reg." The two embraced. "Reg, this is Penny. Pen, this is Regulus Black." He bowed slightly. "Pleased to make your acquaintance." Penny nodded. "You as well." Rosalie clapped her hands. "Where's Sev?" "He's upstairs, Ro. Would you like me to get him?" "Please, Reg."

When Regulus returned downstairs with Severus in tow, the two immediately embraced. "I missed you, Rosie." He murmured, clutching her tightly. "I missed you as well, Sev. How's everything with Belladonna?" He shrugged. "Good. Who's this?" Rosalie grabbed Penny's hand. "This is Penny, my close friend." "Nice to meet you." Severus and Penny whole hands, and they all sat down in a circle by the fire.

"Where've you been, Rosie?" She bit her lip. "Oxford Academy." "What?!" She cringed. "Well, I stayed in the wood for a bit and my stupid self built a bloody treehouse, but then I wrote a letter to the Headmistress and then I went to Hogsmeade then flooed to her and then she allowed me to come back and then my parents d-died, and here we are." She laid down on her back. Penny sighed and rubbed her leg. "I'm so sorry, Ro." Regulus said as she laid down next to her and wrapped an arm around her waist, pulling her to his chest. "Thanks, Reg." "I'm sorry too, Rosie." Severus offered, leaning back against a leather couch. She made a small "mhm" sound, before her eyes went hazy, the green of the Slytherin common room alluring her to sleep.

Authors Note:

Hey guys!

Firstly, 14K reads!!! I just died. Thank you so much for all the support. It's funny because you guys always comment on the chapter when Rosie gave Sev a makeover saying "damn he's hot tho" and those really make my day.

Secondly, I redid the cover of the book, but I'm really not good at covers so it's just a 70s kinda vibe.

Thirdly, I'm thinking about doing questions at the end of each chapter, so let's start now.

What Hogwarts house are you in?

I myself am a Ravenclaw, though Slytherin and Hufflepuff appeal to me as well. I guess I'm just no Gryffindor material :/

Anyway, see you guys in the next chapter!!

-B💕