1.3 | hot cocoa with a slytherin

Rosie's POV:

The Gossip club was buzzing. It was all over the castle.

James Potter and Lucius Malfoy, a couple.

1/3 of the population thought it was adorable and shipped it, 1/3 was jealous because they liked either the Slytherin sex god, or the Gryffindor Prince, and 1/3 didn't really care (*cough* Ravenclaws *cough*)

Rumours speculated all around the castle. Why? How? When? I didn't particularly care, because James was happy, and it made me happy.

When everyone came back on January 2nd, classes resumed the following day. We were all back to coats and warming charms, as we scurried off to our classes.

It was a cold Thursday afternoon. Sirius and James had practice, as Quidtich season was back on, Em had a date with the Ravenclaw boy, and Remus and Ky were doing prefect stuff, leaving me by myself. Even Lillian and her gang weren't to be seen, but that was fine by me.

I sat in the library alone, and it was partially deserted, as most people took to studying in their dorms, but I liked the peacefulness of the place. I knew I looked a mess, a quill sticking out of my messy bun, several curls hanging around my face, and ink smudged across my cheek, but that didn't stop me from scribbling down my potions essay frantically. My mad rush to finish my homework, stopped when someone placed a book down on the table and sat down on the opposite chair.

I looked up frowning, and suddenly, I came face to face with the eyes. "Hello Rosie. Do you mind if I join you?" Regulus asked, already making himself comfortable. "Of course, Regulus. It seems the library is quite vacant this time of year, and it's kinda lonely." He smiled and looked back up. "Potter and Lucius?" I let out a quiet laugh. "Yeah. I knew that James was gay for ages. I only found he liked Lucius at the Winter Ball." I replied as I crossed out a mis-spelled word, smiling fondly whilst doing so. "I have to say, it was really unexpected." He commented as he flipped to the next page of his book. "It was." Silence enveloped us, and it stayed like that until I let out a groan of frustration. "What's wrong?" He asked, looking up. "Slughorn assigned us a two page essay about three potions of our choice, so I chose Amortentia, the calming draught, and the draught of peace, but I'm having trouble thinking of anything else to write." "May I? Thanks." His eyes skimmed over the parchment and he placed it down. "You could talk about how each ingredient affects the potion, and because that will be really long, you'll look smart." I laughed an rolled my eyes playfully. "Thank you, Regulus, for that great advice." "No problem." He smiled cheekily and we fell into silence again, the only sound being my scratching quill.

"Done!" I cheered as I threw my quill down. "Hmm. It only took you-," he paused and looked at his watch, "a couple of hours!" I rolled my eyes. "Thanks. Don't congratulate me on my hard work." I said mockingly. We met eye to eye, green clashed with grey, and for some reason, we burst into uncontrollable giggles. Our laughing went on until Madam Prince kicked us out of the library for being to loud, which made us laugh harder. When the laughter subsided, I put my essay in my bag carefully. "I want hot cocoa." I blurted randomly as we stood there. He snorted and took my hand. "Come on. Let's go to the kitchens." He began dragging me alone until I realised something. "Isn't your family blood supremacists?" He nodded as he kept pulling my along. "Well, actually, it's just my mother, two cousins, and uncle and aunt. My father doesn't care as long as Sirius and I are happy." I cooed a little bit at that. "That is absolutely adorable. Do you and Sirius get along?" Before answering my question, he stopped abruptly at a painting, and tickled a pear on a painting. I was about to comment until it turned into a doorknob, which he opened. We went through the passage, which led to a giant room, a replica of the Great Hall, except there were no flags and stuff.