1.0 | how far did she fall?

Rosie's POV:

When we arrived at the carriages, everyone was either going in, or waiting. A group of third years saw us coming and whispered among themselves. "You guy can have our carriage." A girl in a paisley dress offered. "No it's okay, thank you for the offer but you guys were here first." Kylie said as she smiled at them. They smiled back and hopped into the next carriage.

We waited patiently in line, and I saw Lillian and her friends. They were all wearing either short shorts and a crop top, or a revealing dress and heels. I sighed. 'How far have you gone, Lily?'

We got in the carriage and chatted lightly as the carriage rolled on. James and Emma seemed to be talking about sports, mainly quidditch, Kylie was conversing with Remus about her prefect duties, and I was trying to explain makeup to Sirius. "Yes, and this stuff on my eyes, is eyeshadow." I said slowly as if I was talking to a toddler, but instead it was a sixteen year old boy with the attention span of a toddler.

The carriage rolled to a stop, and the girls and I went off to Madam Evaheart's Gowns for all occasions, while the boys went to Sir Nightingale's Dress robes and Tuxes, with a promise of meeting at The Three Broomsticks at 12:00.

We entered the store and Emma immediately raced to a empty dressing space, which was a single dressing room and a couple of chairs divided by two walls. She sat down and instructed us to go find some dress options. I went off in search of a long dress, preferably in a light tone. I found a few ones I thought would be nice on Emma, but I could t find one for me. Finally, after literally an hour of searching, I found a gorgeous white dress that was covered in flowers, as well as a pair of matching heels.

I went back over to where Emma and Kylie were. Em was trying on a dark green dress, also with flowers. "You look beautiful." I said as I sat my dress down. "Thanks." She replied. "Where's your dress?" She asked as Ky came out in a gorgeous dark blue dress covered in flowers. "It seems we all went for flowers ladies." I said as I slipped into the changing room to change into my dress. "You look fabulous!" Emma said as she clapped her hands together. "Thanks." "Ready to pay?" I asked as I took my dress off and re-dressed. "Yup. Just lemme get changed." Kylie replied.

As we left the store, I saw Lillian in a short, red dress with a plunging neckline. 'How far have you gone, Lily.' I thought mournfully. Somewhere deep down, I knew there was still my smiling, happy twin sister, but I didn't know if she was going to come back anytime soon.

-Line Break-

After the post office, I found myself sitting in the three broomsticks with my friends, sipping on a warm butterbeer.

"So, does anyone actually have a date to the Ball?" I asked curiously, breaking the serene silence. "I'm going with Terrence Forting from Hufflepuff." Kylie replied, she too sipping on a butterbeer. "I'll probably find someone." Sirius replied shrugging. "I want my crush to ask me." Emma said, blushing slightly. "My crush isn't even, you know. . ." James trailed off and sighed. "Who is it?" I asked mischievously. "Later." He said, to which I nodded. "Does anyone need to go anywhere else?" "No, we got our outfits, candy, and butterbeer. We're ready to go." Remus replied, motioning to his bags. "Okay people. Let's go. I gotta go see Sev, and I gotta figure out how to tutor a twelve year old girl."

Sorry for the short chap...