2.2 | fake friend

Rosie's POV:

Before I knew it, the weekend had come.

Nicholas had managed to piss me off every chance he got, even if I wouldn't show it, but he could read me like an open book.

I brushed my hair mindlessly as I thought about what I needed at Hogsmeade. "Ro?" I jumped. "Yeah?" I turned to face Ky, and had the biggest shock of my life.

Her face was all bruised and purple, and she had a split lip.

"Holy shit Ky! What happened?!" I rushed to get my first aid kit, and usher her onto the bed. "You're stupid ex happened." She answered miserably. "What the fuck did that little cunt do?!" I asked frantically as I got out of salves. "He cornered me and then said it was his duty or something like that." I let out a sob but opened the first jar and dipped my fingers in. "I'm so sorry." "It's okay, Rosie, It isn't your fault." "It is though!" "No it isn't. Anyway, he was talking about how it was his duty and that he'd loved you the moment he'd laid eyes on you." "He's lying. He doesn't love me he's obsessed with me."

Once I finished putting on the salves and packing everything away, I felt the need to just get away. "I'm just going to go for a walk." "Do you want me to come?" She asked, concerned for me even though I was the reason this happened to her. "N-No it's fine." I grabbed my coat, slipped on my oxfords and ran out of the dorm and tower.

I found myself in the same spot Regulus and I had once sat, by the bell tower. Speaking of which, I had to ask how he was. I hadn't seen him in a while. The peacefulness of the place had me entranced. Birds circled around Hogwarts, and the whole place glimmered with morning dew. I sat my back against the wall, and my eyelids fluttered closed. The last thing I thought was, 'please don't roll off'.

Black spots clouded my vision. I tried to sit up, but someone pushed me back down. "You need to stay flat, Rosie. You're fall was pretty bad, you broke a lot of bones. We could barely save you." My vision cleared, and saw Marlene. "W-What happened?" I whispered scratchily. "You fell from the bell tower, remember?" "I fell asleep." I whispered mortified. "Hey-Hey, it's fine. Ky threw a fit when she found out what happened. She said something about knowing she should've went." "Marls," "Yes?" "He hurt her." "What?" She asked confusedly. "He hurt her. Nicholas. Ky came into the dorm and her face was bruised and her lip was split and it was all my fault!" I burst into tears. "She was hurt because of me!" "No!" A new voice said. My rushed towards us. "It was that asshole Nicky." "B-B-" "hey, I'm fine. The boys know and they've set up some pretty good pranks for him." I smiled, even though I was in pain. "Thank you guys. A lot." "It's okay, Ro."

After two days I was finally released from the hospital wing. I still had a cast around my left arm, though, making Sirius and James think they had to carry my stuff everywhere, no matter how short the trip was.

"Sirius! Give me my bag you dick!" "Language!" "Give it!" I complained. "Nah!" Suddenly, I saw Em stumble around the corner, eyes wide open with tears. "Rosie!" "Oh my god, are you okay?" I rushed to help her become stable. "What's wrong?" "I-It's Ky, she's in the hospital wing!" My eyes widened drastically. "What?!" "It was him, Rosie, it was Nicholas. He attacked us, made I managed to get away and tell a teacher." "What did he do?!" "He was raving on about how he had to have you, that you were his. Why is he doing this, Rosie, tell me the truth." "He's crazy. He's infatuated with me, determined to make me his wife." Silence settled over us like a layer of freshly fallen snow, before Em's words came out sharp, cold, and bitter. "This is your fault. My best friend might die because of you, because you brought that thing here! You're always going on, acting like everything will always be okay, but it won't! You-Know-You is out there, terrorising people and spreading fear, yet you're partying and having fun! You don't care about Ky and I, we were just distractions for you, because once you get expelled from Hogwarts, like you gotten expelled from every single other school, you'll forget about us! Just face it, Rosalie! You don't fit in here. Don't act like you haven't noticed the looks everyone's been sending you! You're an attention seeking whore! You talked all this shit to fake Lily, but in reality you were just speaking about yourself. You don't fit in here! You don't fit in anywhere! Just go back to the muggle world you mudblood!"

I gasped, tears streaming down my face as I watched my best- former- best friend walk away in fury. "Rosie. . ." I didn't listen to Sirius and quickly turned, snatched my bag, and pushed through them and out onto the grounds of Hogwarts. I could hear shouts behind me. I didn't listen. My legs carried me into the forest, deeper and deeper.

Finally, I collapsed. The massive trunks of trees shot towards the sky, towering over my body intimidatingly. The sky was darkening. The only things I had with my were my wand, my bag, and the clothes on my back. I knew I wouldn't be able to find my way out so quickly, so I didn't. I didn't bother screaming for help. Instead, I screamed for comfort. My shoulders shook with the sobs that racked my body.

"WHY?! WHY IS IT ALWAYS ME?!" I bellowed through my tears. I curled at the base of an oak tree, and cast a warming charm. Then it struck me. "What if I don't go back?"

Authors Note:

HOLY SHIT I AM SO SORRY FOR NOT UPDATING FOR TWO MONTHS!!!

BUT GUYS! THIS STORY HAS REACHED OVER 6k READS!!!!!!

*mind blown*

When I first started this story, I was hoping for at least a hundred reads, and wow!! Thank you guys so much, it really means a lot. I love it when I get notifications telling me people have added this story to their reading lists, so thank you guys so much!

-B💕