1.1 | unforgettable eyes

Rosie's POV:

At 12:00pm on Friday the first of October (A/N look it up on the calendar. The first of October 1976 was a Friday!), classes were let out early.

Half of the female population raced to start doing their makeup, whilst the other half went to the Great Hall to eat some lunch.

Kylie, Emma and I were apart of the people who went to lunch. What can I say, I'm a growing girl. "I don't get it. What's the big deal about having good makeup?" Sirius asked as he ate a turkey sandwich. "Do you know how long it takes to do makeup, Sirius?!" Emma all but shouted. "Um, no?" He replied, though it came out as more of a question. "So tell me," he inquired, "how long does it take?" "It depends on how good you are. I'm good at makeup, but even then I like starting hours before the ball so I can make sure I don't fuck up." I said as I ate my pasta. "Oh. Can I do your makeup?!" He asked Emma excitedly. "You can do my makeup tomorrow." I replied, seeing his happy expression. "Yup!"

After lunch, I stopped by the library to get a few books on makeup and hair enchantments and tips.
After that, I met Ky and Em in the dorm. "I might take out my things and do my makeup on my bed." I said as I grabbed everything I needed. "Does anyone have any suggestions?" Ky asked as she shuffled through some records. "Do you have Dedication by Bay City Rollers?" I asked. "It's new so I understand if you-," "no, I have it. What song?" She replied, taking a shinny black record from a pocket and putting it in the player. "You're A Women." I replied as I went into the bathroom to wash my face. "Okay people. Let's get this shit started!" Em cheered as she took out a squeeze bottle of peel off face mask.

-Line Break -

Getting ready took us six hours. No shit. There was no doubt that we all looked gorgeous, and my two best friends were gonna knock their dates away. I hoped I would to. If you're wondering who I was going with, James and I are going as just friends, because all our other friends are going with people. Even Remus, who's going with a Ravenclaw named Clarissa McCartney, who I thought was related to Paul McCartney, who sang 'Maybe I'm Amazed'. He was still to nervous to come out of the closet, which is really sad cause I wanted set him up with guys!

I took one last look in the mirror before I left. I had chosen a simple, blue, off-the-shoulder dress with a ribbon around the waist, low white heels, and simple white nails.

"Ready guys?" I asked as we exited our dorm

"Ready guys?" I asked as we exited our dorm. "Ready." Ky confirmed as she walked with effortless grace. "Me too. I'm so excited to see what Evan looks like." Em agreed as she swung her arms around. As we came down the stairs, I saw Lillian and her gang, all wearing short, revealing dresses.

Lillian was wearing the red one I saw her trying on, Dorcas had a tight black one that showed lots of cleavage (though she looked fabulous in it, even if I dislike her), Marlene had a white one, Alice had a peachy coloured dress, but Mary had to have looked the ugliest with her hot pink dress that was covered in rhinestones.