epilogue

Third person POV:

For months they looked for Amaryllis and Alexander, and not once did they come any closer to finding them.

Regulus hadn't left any sort of clue to where they were, which only fuelled everyone's annoyance even more. Little Dudley Dursley and Harry Potter we're born during the search for their cousins.

It was only when the Potters went into hiding they finally stopped looking. They had searched almost everyone orphanage in England, and not once did they get a hit.

Months later, on October 31st, Lily and James Potter were killed by Voldemort, but was soon after vanquished by baby Harry, who had then been hailed as they Boy-Who-Lived.

Petunia was distraught, and rightfully so, when getting the news of her youngest sister's death. When little Harry showed up the next morning, all she could see was James and Lily. She promised herself that she would never love this boy, and so she made Vernon promise to do the same and then she threw him under the stairs.

Sirius had been arrested for the murder of Peter Pettigrew, who in actuality had been the one to become the secret keeper for the Potters. They thought that since they didn't really speak anymore, he would be the perfect candidate. How wrong they were.

Remus left the country, burdened by the death and misery of the war. Marlene McKinnon and Dorcas Meadows were killed alongside with their families. Mary MacDonald became an Auror, only to go down when struck by a death eater. Alice Fortescue had ended back up with Frank Longbottom, and they had had a son, Neville, but were tortured to insanity by Bellatrix Lestrange, the same night Lily and James had been killed. Kylie Plait had a tragic ending, committing suicide at age 22 after all her friends and family had died as well. Emma Evergreen, who had betrayed Rosalie by calling her a mudblood, begged for forgiveness at Petunia's door, and later left the country after Nicolas Hawthorne had been cheating on her. Lucius had a son with Narcissa named Draco, and there wasn't a day where his heart didn't ache for this lost love. Severus took up the job as Potions Master at Hogwarts, where he became cold and snappish.

The war tore apart the group of friends, and the only survivors remaining were Lucius and Severus, and they swore that the day Amaryllis and Alexander Evans came to Hogwarts, they would tell them of the truth. Tell them of their mother, and the legacy she had left. Her courage and intelligence. Her beautiful personality and her flaws. The twins would know the story of Rosalie Evans, the girl who changed it all.

—Line Break—

Sister Margaret's Orphanage was located in New York, more specifically, Brooklyn.

The owner, Mrs Jay, has just taken in two new orphans who were left on her doorstep in April.

The note left with them said they were twins, named Alexander Orion Evans-Black, and Amaryllis Lucretia Evans-Black.

They were beautiful children, Mrs Jay had noticed. Both possessed tanned skin and sharp aristocratic features, with mops of dark and blonde hair. The only difference between them were their eyes. While Alexander had bright green eyes, Amaryllis had stormy grey, adding to the beauty the twins already had.

Yes, Mrs Jay thought to herself as she put them down for a nap. These children are special, I can feel it.

Authors Note:

and that's a wrap!!!

I sincerely hope you enjoyed this fanfiction, and I hope you guys read the sequel.

I know this story is actual fucking trash, but I'm proud.

What did you think of the story?

I knew it was really bad at the beginning and it got the tiniest bit better at the end I think. Let me know your thoughts.

Signing off for the last time,

-B💕