Hide and Seek

"Three, two, one!" Connor finished his counting and pulled his hands away from his face. "Ready or not, here I come!" Connor couldn't believe he was playing such a childish game, but he would most definitely do it if Jared wanted him to. Connor knew Jared wouldn't be hiding in the room he was currently in, the kitchen, so he stepped out into the hallway and headed to the living room. He glanced around the room and checked behind the couch, no Jared. He checked the bathroom, dining room, basement, and every place imaginable until he ended up at his own room, he should of guessed.

As Connor stood outside his bedroom he heard a faint sigh from inside. Smiling, he twisted the doorknob and went inside. Connor pretended to search the room hard, even though he caught a glimpse of Jared under the bed.

    As Connor dug through his closet in fake search of Jared, he realized he needed to clean it out. Why did he have this batman hat again? Oh wait, that was supposed to be a birthday gift for Jared that he must have forgot about. Instead, he had ended up giving Jared a zombie video game for his Xbox.

    Oh well, he'll give it to him later. Connor gave a fake sigh and sat on the bed. Even though not a peep came from under the bed, Connor knew Jared must be struggling to keep his laughter contained. Connor just sat like that for a couple of minutes, waiting to see when Jared would break and reveal his hiding spot.

    Finally, a small giggle came from under the bed. Connor's face broke out into a large grin. He leaned down to look underneath the bed and sure enough, Jared burst out into a fit of laughter. Just hearing Jared laugh gave Connor butterflies in his stomach, he reached down and pulled Jared out by his arms.

"I found you." Connor grinned at him. Jared climbed onto the bed.

"Took you long enough, I was waiting there for forever." Jared was still panting from laughing. 

"You must be really good at this game." Connor chuckled, pulling Jared onto his lap.

"Either that or you suck." Jared kissed Connor gently. Connor was completely fine with sucking at hide and seek, especially if that meant he got to kiss Jared.

"I think it's your turn to count." Connor mumbled against Jared's lips. Jared's eyes blinked open for a second before shutting again, seemingly ignoring Connor's words.

"Ten, nine," Jared was still kissing Connor as he began counting down. Connor smiled, Jared was such a dork. But he was his dork and Connor loved him to bits. Jared's eyes fluttered open when he was finished counting.

"Found you." Jared hummed, pulling away from Connor's lips to plant a kiss on Connor's nose.

"You win then."