Snowball Fight

Connor would not be outside right now if Jared hadn't begged him to. He was the only person Connor would go out into the freezing cold with to build a goddamn snowman.

    "Careful, Jared." Connor warned as Jared tried to pick up the massive snow mound to set it on top of the other. Jared shook his head.

    "I got it." He puffed, still straining to lift it. He couldn't even get it off the ground.

    "Here, I'll do it." Connor sighed, leaning down with ungloved hands to pick it up. "Don't want you to hurt yourself."

    "The only one who's gonna hurt himself is you, put on some damn gloves, Connor." Jared frowned, watching Connor effortlessly pick up the snowball and set it onto the larger one.

    "You just don't like it when I do this." Connor quickly ran a cold hand under Jared's shirt, feeling warm skin. Jared squeaked and tried to squirmed away. Instead, he fell into the snow.

    "Jerk!" He panted from the ground. Connor bent down and planted a kiss on Jared's nose. He straightened back up and began sculpting the snow for the snowman's head. He had just began rolling it when he felt ice cold snow hit his shoulder blade, leaving it stinging. Connor glanced behind him, raising an eyebrow.

"I got you." Jared smirked, holding another snowball.

"You're gonna regret that." Connor chuckled, scooping up snow to form a snowball. Jared stuck his tongue out at Connor and threw his snowball, which missed Connor by inches. Connor smirked, hurling his own snowball at Jared, it hit him directly in the chest, making him stumble back.

"Hey!" Jared squeaked, making a mad dash to a nearby tree for cover. Connor flung another snowball at him as he ran. Jared made it behind the tree and frantically began making snowballs. Connor made his own small pile, chuckling.

"You ready over there?" Connor asked, grabbing two snowballs.

"One second!" Jared called, adjusting the branches on the tree to give himself more cover. Connor patiently waited for him to finish before he threw his first snowball, which grazed Jared's shoulder.

"Missed me!" Jared laughed, sticking out his tongue. He flung a snowball back, hitting Connor in the leg.

"You have a weak throw." Connor teased as the two continued to hurl snowballs at each other.

"Yeah, well-" Jared was hit in the face with a snowball, his glasses flying off and landing in the snow nearby.

"Oh my god, Jared." Connor ran over to the boy, who was rubbing his eyes as tears slipped down his cheeks.

"I'm okay." Jared said softly as Connor gently wiped the tears from the boy's cheeks. Connor bent down and grabbed Jared's glasses.

"How about we go inside." Connor hummed, leading Jared inside.

"Okay." Jared said in a small voice. Connor kissed the top of his head.

"We can get you some hot chocolate."