Dancing

"What do you mean you don't want to go to prom?" Jared asked, leaning against the kitchen counter. "Connor, it's our senior year, we don't get another prom after this!"

"I know, just go without me, you'll still have fun." Connor sighed, fiddling with a salt shaker on the table.

"I don't want to go without you, it's more fun if you're there." Jared pleaded. "Please, please, please come with me."

"Jared," Connor looked up at Jared's wide eyes. "Look, I don't know how to dance, okay?" Jared blinked at him for a second before he burst out laughing.

"That's it?" He walked over and happily hugged Connor. "I thought you were embarrassed to be seen with with me or something!"

"No!" Connor kissed Jared on the forehead. "Why would I be embarrassed about the best thing that's ever happened to me?"

   "I'm not the one who doesn't want to go prom just because he can't dance." Jared said, throwing his arms around Connor's neck. "Now put your hands on my waist." Connor did as he said, carefully sliding his hands onto Jared's hips.

    "Like this?" Connor asked nervously.

    "I said waist, but feel free to move your hands a bit lower." Jared snickered, beginning to rock back and forth. Connor rolled his eyes but kept his hands on Jared's hips. Jared took a step backwards and nodded for Connor to step forward. Jared would step and Connor would follow.

"Would you like to lead?" Jared asked, pausing. Connor nodded and carefully stepped back, Jared quickly followed.

"Say, where'd you learn to dance?" Connor grinned at Jared, he was starting to get good at this.

"My mom taught me." Jared told him. "Here, twirl me." Connor grabbed Jared's hand and held out his arm as Jared twirled under it. Jared's eyes fluttered closed as he twirled and his lips curled into a small smile. Connor thought Jared looked breath-taking. Jared finished twirling and the two continued dancing.

"Your Mom taught you? Well, my boyfriend taught me." Connor kissed Jared.

"He sounds hot." Jared snickered, gently cupping Connor's face.

"Definitely, but he's a bit of jerk, though." Connor teased.

"Jerk."