Royalty AU

Jared was a guard for one of the most prestigious, well-known dukes in the country, Connor Murphy. Often he was brought along wherever Connor went, for protection. However, the boy seemed to favor him in a way.

The servants brought out delicacies from the kitchen, each on a grand, silver platter as Jared stood obediently next to Connor's chair, mouth watering slightly.

It wasn't as if Jared couldn't afford food. No, with what he was paid Jared could afford much more than his fair share of rations, but nothing like this.

Jared supposed there was enough food on the table to feed their entire village. There were cakes, bonbons, hams, and every other sort of sweet you could imagine. Jared shook his head and forced himself to remain professional.

Connor's eyes skimmed over the food carefully before picking up one of the more exquisite cakes from the table.

"Taste this for me." Connor demanded.

"What-" Jared started, confused.

"What, would you rather I be poisoned?" Connor cocked an eyebrow, still holding the cake out towards Jared.

"Of course not, my lord." Jared quickly scrambled forward, not sure how he should taste the cake. Would it be rude to take silverware from the table?

Before Jared could decide, Connor scooped up a bit of the cake with his finger, offering it to Jared. Awkwardly, Jared licked the frosting from the boy's finger.

Dear lord it was amazing.

Jared practically melted, not leaving a single bit of frosting. "Mm, I-I think it's fine." Jared stood up straight again, eyes glued to the floor.

"You should try some of my other food too, just to be safe. In fact, take a seat." Connor instructed. Jared took a seat in the chair closest to Connor.

Connor smirked to himself, piling foods onto his plate and carefully skewering them onto his fork.

"Open up, this is chicken boiled in butter." Connor hummed, popping the food into Jared's mouth. Jared had never tasted anything better, just the thought of having to go back to bread and butter made him disgusted.

So, Connor fed him sweet after sweet. Soon, Jared was completely full, his eyes kept fluttering shut he was so tired. The food had been absolutely wonderful.

Connor's hand gently rested on the top of Jared's head, combing through his hair.

"I'm guessing it was good?" Connor asked, Jared hummed in response, his eyes nearly shut.

Jared's eyes flew open.

Had Connor been flirting with him?