Happy Birthday!

Jared was woken by tapping on his face. He blinked his eyes open to see Connor grinning down at him, centimeters from his face.

"It's too early for this." Jared groaned, trying to swat Connor away.

"Jared Kleinman, it's your birthday." Connor leaned down and kissed Jared's forehead. "You can't just sleep all day."

"Watch me." Jared pulled the covers over his head.

"I have a little gift downstairs for you." Connor singsonged, trying to get him to come out. He sighed after Jared still refused. "Fine, I didn't want to have to do this, but-" Connor reached a hand under the covers and found Jared's foot, he gently began to tickle him.

Jared squeaked, desperately trying to kick Connor away. Connor threw the blankets off Jared, climbing on top of him so he could hold him down. Jared laughed until tears rolled down his face.

"Stop! Stop... okay, okay, you win." Jared panted. Connor smiled and kissed his cheek.

"Well good morning then." He helped Jared off the bed.

"You're such an idiot." Jared rolled his eyes, grabbing Connor's hand.

"Well you're the idiot dating this idiot, so who's the real idiot?" Connor teased, leading Jared downstairs.

"Fair enough." Jared chuckled. Connor sat him down on the couch.

"Stay right here, I'll be back with your present." Connor's eyes sparkled with excitement.

"I'll just take a nap while I'm here." Jared called as Connor started down the hallway.

A few minutes later, Connor returned, both his hands behind his back.

"Aw, you brought yourself, how sweet." Jared chuckled, moving so he was on the edge of the couch.

"Nope, better." Connor pulled a little Labrador puppy from behind his back, and set it on Jared's lap. It was a lovely light brown color and Connor had put a large red ribbon his it's back. Jared was speechless.

"I-buh-thank you." Jared managed to blurt out. He ran his hands carefully along the puppy's soft back.

"You like her?" Connor asked eagerly. Jared nodded, mouth agape, playing with the puppy's ears.

"I love her." He breathed. Jared hugged Connor, being very careful not to smush the puppy between them.

"What are you going to name her?" Connor asked, moving to sit down next to Jared.

"Hmm, Zelda?" Jared asked, tilting his head. Connor scrunched up his face in response. "Okay, maybe Yuna?" The puppy suddenly did not like the bow she was wearing, and began to run in circles to to try to get it off.

"She doesn't like the ribbon." Connor smiled, plucking the bow off her back.

"Oh! How about Ribbon!" Jared said excitedly. The pup barked in response.

"That sounds wonderful." Connor petted Ribbon. "Jared, Connor, and Ribbon."