Clue: Part 2

"Now, I'm sure you're all concerned about the things said in your letters." Mr.Boddy stood at the end of the table, carefully eyeing every one of his guests.

    "That's what we've been saying all night." Mustard snorted.

    Jared noticed no one had eaten their soup.

     "Since we have everyone here now, I can explain. I've gathered you all here today because I learned about your wrongdoings, and don't worry about who else knows, I can keep a secret." His eyes twinkled sickeningly. "The point is, you all are the worst bunch of people in our school-"

    "You go to our school!" Colonel Mustard had stood up and banged her fists on the table, causing her soup to almost spill.

    Mr.Boddy merely waved his hand. "I have something that will make your little problems go away, easy as that." He strolled to the back of the room and began to dig through a closet Jared hadn't noticed before.

    "This is outrageous." Ms. Peacock was fiddling with her glasses. "I've never done something awful-"

    "We've all done something awful, that's why we're here." Connor's words cut through like a knife. Jared jumped, for a second he had almost forgotten that his boyfriend was next to him. Jared reach over and took his hand, Connor looked down at him with sad eyes.

    "Now, here we go." Mr.Boddy began to hand out presents wrapped beautifully in green and red wrapping paper.

    Jared received his box and puzzled over it, it was smaller than most everyone else's.

    "Go ahead, open them." Mr.Boddy encouraged.

    Jared tore open the box, not bothering to be careful. It was a bad idea, as he immediately cut his finger on what was inside the box. He cursed slightly under his breath and began to suck on his finger, examining the dagger he had received.

    He looked up to see everyone puzzling over their objects. Beside him, Connor had a small revolver, which he was attempting to take the bullets out of. Across from him, Mr.White stared blankly at a rope with a noose on the end. Colonel Mustard fiddled with a wrench and Ms.Peacock brushed her finger over the grooves of her candlestick.

    "What does this mean?" Mr.White practically whispered, he still hadn't taken his eyes off the rope.

    "It means you can go home, no problem, just like that." Mr.Boddy grinned. "Just one thing, when I turn off the lights, one of you has to be dead when I turn them on again. If someone is dead, the rest of you can all leave, no one will ever know your secret. If the lights come on and no one is dead," he grinned, "I make sure everyone knows what you did."

    Now, it wasn't that Jared wanted to kill someone, it's just that he didn't want anyone to know his secret.

    However, surely someone else would perform the act? He could wait it out and protect himself until the lights came on?

    Mr.Boddy stood near the light switch now, "Ready?" He asked, but without waiting for an answer, he flicked the light out anyway.

    Jared heard shuffling, and beside him he felt Connor move away. He reached his arm out, trying to find his boyfriend in the blackness. There was a loud bang from the gun, and Jared felt his stomach drop, Connor wouldn't have killed anybody, right? There a soft thud and then a loud one, and finally a bang of the door.

    Jared had to find the light. He could hear Mr.White softly crying and Ms.Peacock hyperventilating. However, he could hear no noise from Connor. Finally, Jared reached the end of the room and smoothed his hand over the wall, finding the light.

     When he flicked it on, he turned to see Mr.Boddy laying on the floor just a few feet from him.

    Ms.Peacock shrieked, covering her mouth with her hand.

    "It was him, it was him, I heard the gunshot!" Colonel Mustard yelled, pointing at Connor, who had somehow ended up next to Mr.White.

    "No, I swear! I felt someone grab the back of my suit and I panicked! I swear I didn't hit anyone!" Connor dropped the gun to the floor. "I thought I had gotten all of the bullets out!"

    "He's right!" Ms. Peacock pointed to a hole in the wall next to Jared, the singular bullet shot was buried in there.

    "Well then, how was he killed?" Colonel Mustard demanded.

    Jared leaned over Mr.Boddy, noticing the blood gushing from his head. "Well, it looks like he was hit by a blunt object."

"Like a wrench?" Mr.White squeaked, glancing over at Colonel Mustard.

"Woah, hey, I have the wrench right here and it's not all bloody!" She held it up and, sure enough, there was not a speck of blood on it.

"The candlestick!" Connor exclaimed. "Where did it go!"

"In the dark someone grabbed it from me!" Ms.Peacock shook her head. "I thought they were trying to kill me."

"But where is it now?" Jared demanded.

Everyone looked around, searching under the table and inside the closet. The candlestick didn't turn up.

"Well, I heard the door slam, so perhaps-" Colonel Mustard started.

"You think the killer when upstairs? But we're all right here!" Ms.Peacock shook her head.

"Wait, you guys have all played clue before, right?" Jared asked.

"Of course." Almost everyone said in unison.

"Well, there aren't five players, there's six!" Jared reasoned. "Where's Mr.Green?"

(( More coming soon! ))