Hanahaki!Connor

Requested by: GenjiShiMADAMADA and GothTrash
I will get to all the others as soon as possible :)

Warning! Blood, Hanahaki Disease, and Throwing Up

Damn it, it was happening again.

All it took was a brush of Jared's elbow against Connor's and now he could feel the leaves creeping up his throat, dying to escape. Connor coughed awkwardly and tried to focus on his work.

"Yo, what'd you get for number three?" Jared asked, already leaning over Connor's paper to look. Connor shut his eyes and tried not to puke blood and leaves into Jared's pretty brown hair.

"Wait, how'd you get that?" Jared pointed to Connor's answer.

"Uh, I used the quadratic formula." Connor had to scoot his chair back so Jared wasn't touching him. Blood filled his mouth as a thorn jabbed him in the throat.

"We use the quadratic formula for this question?!" Jared moved his chair back over to his side of the desk and began to search through his notes.

Connor swallowed the blood and hoped that it hadn't stained his teeth red. He hunched back over his work, though he wasn't too focused on it, not when Jared was right beside him. Not when his throat was filled with leaves. Not when he felt a flower plug his esophagus.

He quickly scrambled up, not bothering to ask to use the bathroom as he ran out into the hall. He made a mad dash for the restroom and dashed into the stall, locking the door behind him.

A single, once white, but now splattered with Connor's blood, tulip popped out of Connor's mouth and landed in his hands.

It was his first flower.

Oh god, this did not mean good for Connor. It just meant he was getting sicker and sicker.

He lifted up the flower and began to study it. A tulip? Normally he'd see kids with bright red roses or royal purple lilies, even the once in a while pink camellia.

He dropped the flower into the toilet and flushed, then washed his hands free of blood.

Once he was sure he looked presentable, he headed back to class and took his seat next to Jared, this time determined not to get sick again.

"Mr. Murphy!" The teacher snapped at him, making Connor look up from the worksheet he had just started working on. "You leave this class nearly everyday, learn to use the bathroom during lunch!"

"Yes, Ma'am." Connor sighed.

"Yes, Ma'am." Jared mocked quietly next to him, giggling and nudging Connor with his elbow.

"Shut up." Connor replied jokingly, though he did mean it. He didn't want to get sick again.

"Limit your water intake and maybe you won't have to piss so much." Jared teased.

"Whatever, Kleinman." Connor rolled his eyes.

The bell rang and Jared walked alongside Connor to their next class, which Connor really wish he wouldn't. It only made things worse for him.

Jared told a joke and laughed.

He laughed at his own joke.

Connor couldn't not find that adorable. A rush of thorns pierced the inside of his throat and a flood of blood made its way up. Connor coughed, spilling the blood out of his mouth.

It ran in rivets down his his chin and neck, soon soaking into his shirt. Some dripped off his chin and onto the floor of the hallway. He stopped, still coughing, as he tried to regain his breath.

"Oh my god, Connor, are you okay?" Jared placed his hand on Connor's back, which only made it worse.

Connor kneeled over as a plethora of white tulips spilled from his mouth, landing in his pool of gore.

He panted, but he felt relieved now, less swollen. It was short-lived, however, when he looked up at Jared, who had his gaze fixed on the flowers.

"Connor, you have Hanahaki?" Jared asked, and Connor couldn't help but laugh at that.

"No. Not at all." He said sarcastically, standing up and wiping his mouth. He hoped the flowers would be done with him for a while.

"Is it... for me?" Jared removed his gaze from the flowers to stare up at Connor.

Connor sighed, adverting his eyes as he gave a hesitant nod.

     There was silence for a couple moments, but Connor didn't dare look at Jared. He was waiting for the rush of flowers and gore to come back, to remind him that he had absolutely no chance with Jared.

     But, they didn't.

    Connor flinched as Jared reached a hand up to wipe the blood on Connor's chin.

    "I didn't know you liked me." Jared said quietly.

    "Well, I was painfully aware." Connor chuckled, his throat opening up. For the first time in months, he felt like he could breathe.

    Jared's hand brushed along Connor's cheek, leaving bloody fingerprints. Jared leaned up and pressed their lips together.

    Even though this was all Connor's been waiting for since he'd been introduced to the beautiful boy named Jared Kleinman, he still considered pulling away. His mouth still tasted of blood and, most likely, flower perfume. Jared kept a firm hold on the back of Connor's head, pressing hard against Connor's lips.

    That was all he needed to decide to stay.