Sickfic!

"I'm not sick." Jared insisted as Connor offered him some cough drops and a cup of hot chocolate. He shoved the items away and moved away from Connor on the couch. Jared had been sneezing, coughing, and shivering all morning and Connor had quickly gotten tired of the smaller boy's pride taking over his need to rest.

"I'm not saying you are." Connor sighed, just trying to get Jared to at least take the items.
"Well if I'm not sick then why would I need-" Jared cut himself off with a coughing fit.

"Sounds like you need something to stop that cough." Connor said, raising an eyebrow at Jared and beginning to unwrap one of the cough drops. Jared shook his head, still coughing, as Connor forced it into his mouth.

"You're such a jackass." Jared said, despite the fact that he was beginning to suck on the cough drop.

"A jackass that cares about you, though." Connor hummed. Jared sniffed and rubbed his eyes, clearly tired. Connor smiled gently at the boy, leaning over and throwing an arm around Jared. Jared could really be stubborn, and that was one of the reasons Connor had fallen for him, but sometimes it could be somewhat... frustrating.

"You should go lie in bed." Connor whispered in Jared's ear. Jared ignored him, pretending to be watching the tv. Jared began coughing again and Connor rubbed his back gently. When he was done, Jared weakly leaned against Connor, his eyes half closed. Connor had had enough of Jared's childishness and scooped up the smaller boy into his arms, carrying him bridal style. Jared's eyes widened in surprise and his hands instinctively flew to Connor's neck to hold on tightly.

"What are you doing!" Jared demanded, voice cracking from a sore throat.

"Taking care of you because obviously you can't take care of yourself." Connor grunted, bringing Jared upstairs to his own bedroom. Jared frowned but relaxed against Connor, letting Connor carry him. He still gave a huff to show Connor he wasn't completely happy with this.

"You're such a whiner." Connor chuckled, gently resting Jared on the bed and helping him pull off his tee shirt and socks. Jared just shook his head, too tired to actually protest. Connor kissed Jared's forehead.

"Now lay down and get some rest." Connor told him. Jared did as he said but softly patted the space next to him. Connor smiled and nodded, laying down next to Jared, who felt like a furnace. Connor frowned and pressed a hand to Jared's forehead.

"God, you're burning up." Connor said worriedly. Jared just nodded his head.

"I should get you some Tylenol." Connor began to climb out of the bed when Jared quickly grabbed his wrist.

"No, don't leave me here alone." He whined, blinking his eyes at Connor.

"It'll only be a minute." Connor promised, smiling reassuringly at Jared. Jared frowned but loosened his grip on Connor's wrist, letting Connor go.

Connor retrieved the Tylenol from the kitchen and returned to Jared in the bedroom, who had apparently began to drool on the pillow while he was out. Connor chuckled and poured the gross liquid into the small container. Jared pouted as it was brought to him.

"But it's gross." Jared told Connor, refusing to drink it.

"Man, you can be quite the drama queen when you're sick." Connor pressed the cup to Jared's lips. "Come on, Jared." Jared reluctantly opened his mouth and let Connor pour the foul liquid in. He swallowed roughly and laid his head back down in the pillow. Connor ruffled Jared's hair.

"There, now you can sleep." Connor told him, setting the empty container on Jared's nightstand. Connor laid down next to Jared, who quickly took the opportunity to move closer to him.

"Thank you." Jared said hoarsely, his eyes fluttering shut.

"For what?" Connor kissed the top of Jared's head.

"For taking care of me." Jared mumbled before falling asleep.