Medieval Battle AU

Oh gosh, some pretty heavily angst here guys.
Warning! Blood and Character Death

Jared had seen Connor fall down from across the battle field.

Immediately, he sheathed his sword into its holster and began to push his way through the crowd of people, each person slaying and slashing those from the other side. As he ran past one pair of battling enemies, he saw the girl wipe left with her sword and completely decapitate the boy.

It didn't help Jared's panic about Connor.

As he reached the boy, Jared's heart sunk. Connor lay on the ground, his hand clutched over a stomach wound as he rasped for breath. Unfocused eyes settled on Jared and Connor smiled, reaching his free hand out to him.

"Jare-" Connor mumbled and Jared dropped to his knees, clutching Connor's hand tightly.

"It's okay, Con, I'm here." He smiled, already feeling tears well up in his eyes. It wasn't time for that, it was time to help Connor. "We're gonna get you to safety, alright? I just need you to take your hand away from your cut-"

Connor flinched as Jared lifted his hand off his stomach, pulled up the boy's shirt, and began to examine the wound.

Needless to say, it didn't look good.

Not only was it gushing blood so fast that it had completely coated Connor's stomach in minutes, but pieces of the dirty fabric from Connor's clothing had gotten into the wound, meaning that if Connor survived the blood loss, the wound could easy be infected.

Jared bit his lip and got to work, desperately trying not to cry in front of Connor, who had taken to gently rubbing Jared's leg.

"You're gonna be fine, Con." Jared squeaked, pressing his dry shirt against Connor's wound. He grabbed his water canteen and unscrewed the lid.

"I know, but are you okay?" Connor said, oddly calm as he continued rubbing circles into Jared's thigh.

"Of course!" However, it wasn't very convincing as Jared had to say it through a strangled sob. He quickly wiped his face, smearing blood on it in the process, and poured the clean water onto the shirt so he could press it against Connor's wound again.

Connor let out a small grunt and closed his eyes for a second. When he reopened his eyes, Connor gave Jared a reassuring smile.

"You're fine, Jared." Connor hummed, struggling to sit up.

"You need to lay back down, you'll hurt yourself more!" Jared scooted forward and attempted to push Connor back down.

"No, I'm all good." Connor said simply, throwing his arm over Jared's shoulder for support. Tears began to streak down Jared's face as he wrapped an arm around the boy's waist, holding him up.

"You're-you're gonna have a sweet scar after this." Jared said through hiccups.

"I know, right?" Connor rested his head on Jared's, it was getting too hard to hold up his body parts. "It's shaped kinda like a J, for Jared."

Jared gave a small laugh, which made all the tears on his face fall into his lap. "That way everyone will know you're mine."

"You know I love you, right?" Connor took in a shaky breath and Jared slowly felt the boy's muscles begin to relax, one by one.

"I love you too, Connor, but you have to stay with me, not like this!" Jared panicked and tried to make Connor lift his head up.

"It's fine Jared, I don't hurt much anymore." Connor rasped, taking one last deep breath of Jared's hair. "It's..like..I-"

Jared saw the boy's eyes go blank and froze, all emotion draining from him for a second before he let out a loud, half-screaming sob.