Hero X Villain AU (Part 5)

Warning! Possessiveness and Non-Consensual Touching

    Jared woke up the next morning being spooned by Connor. This time, he didn't resist, he didn't yell or throw a fit, he just laid there. Jared was tired of fighting, all it got him were harsh bruises and less food.

    Rubbing his forehead, Jared tried to remember his nightmare from the previous night. What on Earth had been so bad that he had willingly crawled into Connor's bed? Was it a fluke or should Jared be worried?

    Behind him, Connor shifted and pressed a kiss to the back of Jared's neck.

    "I see you're awake." He hummed. "You're being such a good boy, you didn't even wake me up this morning." Jared shivered at the praise, shutting his eyes tightly. He shouldn't like this. Connor was a terrible person. He harmed Jared and took away his powers.

    A lightbulb went off in Jared's head, he had an idea.

    "So quiet, that's not like you." Connor began to nibble on Jared's ear. "What's into you this morning?"

    If Connor was so nice when he was docile, would he gradually start to trust Jared more? Maybe he could steal back his necklace...

    A sharp nip to his ear brought Jared out of his daydream.

    "You answer when I ask you a question." Connor snapped.

    "Sorry." Jared breathed. He'd better keep up his game. "I-I don't know."

    "I bet it was that scary dream you had last night." Connor purred, kissing to where he had drawn blood on Jared's ear. "Poor thing, you were so scared, but don't worry, I'll protect you, no matter what."

    Jared fought the urge to tell him he didn't need protection.

    "Hm, let's go get some breakfast, shall we?" Connor sat up and stretched.

    In two weeks, Jared was able to convince Connor he had fallen head over heels for him. Everything Connor wanted, Jared gave to him.

    "Jared, you've been much better lately." Connor purred one night as they were cuddled up on the couch, a movie chosen by Connor playing in the background.

    "Better?" Jared asked, fingers trailing over Connor's stomach.

    "More... obedient, loving." Connor replied, smiling down at Jared. "There's been no need to punish you at all."

    "Well, I love you, Connor." Jared smiled back at him. Connor watched him silently for a second.

    "I love you too, Jared." He mumbled.

    Connor wasn't as convinced of Jared's love as it seemed. He was... too obedient, too loving. Connor had expected quite a fight every step of the way in forcing Jared to love him, surely Jared's feelings couldn't have just flicked on so quickly? So, he watched Jared carefully, just to make sure.

    Jared fell asleep in Connor's lap as the movie played, Connor let him sleep long after the movie had finished.

    Jared had been given more access to the rooms as a reward for being nice. He decided to check out all the rooms he couldn't enter before.

    There was a study room with plans drawn up for future attacks on the city, not that that mattered much to Jared if he was trapped in here.

    How long had Jared been here? He hadn't been keeping track. Weeks? Months?

    The next room be entered made him freeze excitedly.

    It was his necklace, locked up, and guarded by two of Connor's henchmen.

    Would Connor just let him get near the necklace? Sure, it was surrounded by guards, but surely Connor must not think Jared has gone completely weak for him yet?

    Frankly, Jared didn't even care at that point. He just needed his necklace, then he could escape.

    That night, long after Connor had fallen asleep, Jared made plans in head. He had looked at the room as thoroughly as he could without bringing suspicion to himself and decided he would steal the necklace tomorrow. Sure, it was a little short-notice, but Jared was itching to be free of this place.

    Behind him, Connor tugged Jared closer to his body.

    Even that made Jared's blood boil. He needed to get out and that necklace was the key. When the guards changed shifts the next day, Jared would strike.

    Jared fiddled around the room five minutes before the guards were due to switch. He pretended to stare intensely at a painting of a tree while the guards marched past him into the hall. Before the next set of guards stomped in, Jared ran to the glass box holding his necklace and smashed it on the floor, snatching it from the glass shards. He didn't care if he cut his hand a bit, he had his way out now.

    Jared slid the necklace over his head, practically sobbing with relief. He hadn't even realize he had been freezing until the heat swarmed through his veins once more. Behind him, Jared suddenly heard slow, deliberate clapping.

    "Have you had fun, my bad boy?" Jared turned around to see Connor, eyes lit with fury. "Did you think I wouldn't get suspicious when you all of sudden started liking me?"

    Jared's mouth felt dry.

    "Take it off now and you won't be punished as bad."