Clue: Part 7

((Last Chapter!))

    Evan appeared in the doorway of the bedroom, looking pale and curious as Jared and Alana pulled apart from their hug.

    Jared stood still, staring at Evan for a second as he controlled his breathing.

    "You made it sound as though she had murdered someone on purpose." Jared said evenly. Everyone's eyes were on Evan.

     "You wouldn't listen to me." Evan breathed, tapping his fingers nervously on the door frame.

    Jared scrunched up his face, "You clearly said she had murdered someone-" he began to shout, but Evan cut him off.

    "You don't even know your boyfriend's secret!" Evan shouted him down. Jared felt Connor stiffen behind him.

    "Listen here." Connor pushed past Jared and made his way over to Evan. "You said-"

    "I don't want anything to do with you, I did nothing wrong." Evan crossed his arms. "I had no loyalties to him."

    Connor turned a bright red, "You did nothing wrong? Bullshit. You were one that-"

    "Shut up, shut up!" Evan screamed, hands covering his ears as tears spilled down his face. Connor grabbed a hold of Evan's suit and began to shake the boy.

      "Stop!" Jared shouted, placing himself in between Connor and Evan. He turned to Connor and could barely manage to make eye contact with him. "Tell me."

    Connor stared at him blankly for a second, before swallowing loudly. "Jared-"

    "Tell me." Jared demanded, his voice shaking from the lump in his throat.

    Connor looked at him with tired eyes. Jared hadn't noticed before, but now they looked hollow and frightened. "Well, I-"

    "He was the man in the bathroom." Evan whispered.

    Jared turned around, "What?"

    "He was the one that paid for the blowjob." Evan kept his eyes trained on Connor, not bothering to look at Jared as he spoke. "Though I would've done it for free."

     Jared looked at Connor, his eyes wide. "Is this true?"

    "It's not how you think, it was when we were on a break." Connor rubbed the back of his neck. "You were mad that I had taken up smoking again and was refusing to quit. I was so pissed off that day I just... but then the next day we made up and I just couldn't tell you."

    Connor reached out and Jared backed away. "How could you?"

     "I've felt awful about it ever since and then I got that letter. He was threatening our relationship, I just couldn't sit back and do nothing." Connor told him.

    "Did you kill them?" Jared whispered, biting his lip.

     "No." Connor said firmly.

     "So you're just going to act all innocent?" Evan tilted his head. Connor gave him a dirty look. "You're certainly right in the part that you didn't get your hands dirty, but there is most certainly blood on your hands."

    If the circumstances had been different, Jared would've made a joke.

    "I killed Mr. Boddy." Evan said casually, shrugging. "But in a way, so did he."

    Jared stared at him, unable to make words form. Beside him, Zoe spoke up for him. "Why?"

    Evan glanced at Connor, who was equally incapable of words. "I'm in love with him."

    Connor suddenly regained his voice, "I'm in love with Jared, I told you that."

     "I know." Evan's voice was soft. "That doesn't change it." He looked back at the rest of the group. "He told me he needed to keep it a secret from you, so I did it. I killed him." He made eye contact with Jared. "I wanted to kill you."

    "Why did you kill Mr. Green then?" Ms. Peacock asked.

    "I didn't." Evan told her. They looked at Connor, who simply shook his head.

"I did." Zoe said softly.

Jared turned to face her, "What?"

"Mr. Green... Larry Murphy, is my dad." Zoe told them. "After I received my letter I found his hidden in his desk. I found out all the awful things he did. I've always resented him, so I poisoned him before he was set to be here. Guess it took a little while for the poison to work, he must've arrived here first."

"So is there anyone here that didn't kill someone!" Jared tugged on his hair in frustration. Alana raised her hand, then, slowly, Connor did the same.

"I swear, I had no part in plotting Mr. Boddy's death." Connor told Jared, gently trying to scoot closer to him.

"I don't care, don't come near me." Jared turned away from him and moved closer to Alana.

"So, what are we going to do then?" Alana asked, putting a comforting arm around Jared's shoulders.

There was silence.

"We could leave here, pretend none of this ever happened, and never tell anyone a breath of this." Zoe suggest after a minute.

Everyone in the group slowly made eye contact, beginning to realize they each person had something they never wanted to leave this room.

"Alright." Jared agreed finally.

With that, each person went their own way, getting dressed back into their proper clothes and heading to their cars.

Jared sat silently in the passenger seat of Connor's car, listening to Connor nervously drum his fingers on the steering wheel.

"Do you think we'll ever be the same again?" Connor asked finally.

After a long pause, Jared answered honestly, "No."