Hero X Villain AU (Part 4)

Warning! Possessiveness and Non-Consensual Touching

"Kiss."

"No."

"I said kiss."

"And I said no."

Connor frowned, frustrated with Jared. The boy sat across from him at the table, eating dinner. Connor leaned his head on his hands, watching Jared, trying to figure the boy out. What was he doing wrong? He rewarded Jared when he did as he was told, and he punished him when he did something bad, so why weren't they making any progress?

"C'mon, I just want a kiss." Connor purred, reaching over to Jared's plate and tugging it away. Jared watched his plate slide out of his reach and seemed to consider what he wanted to do.

Slowly, Jared leaned across the table and pressed his lips to Connor's. Connor instantly melted into the kiss, cupping the back of Jared's head, but Jared stayed stiff and hesitant. After a second, Jared pulled away and Connor gave him back his food.

Connor had gotten his kiss, yet it wasn't right. What was he missing?

That night, Connor brought Jared back to their room to sleep. However, when Connor had crawled into the bed, Jared refused to get in next to him.

    "What's wrong, you were just fine sleeping with me last night!" Connor groaned, sitting up on the bed and waiting for Jared to get in next to him.

    "That's because, because," Jared tried to think of a reasonable explanation. "You tricked me!"

    "I did no such thing, now come here." Connor ordered.

    "God no." Jared shook his head and stood there, glaring at Connor.

    "Fine. Sleep on the floor for all I care." Connor huffed, switching the light off and pulling the covers over himself. Even though he'd slept alone for years, he still felt freezing cold without Jared curled up next to him. Connor heard Jared lay down on the floor, curling into a ball. No doubt the boy was probably just as cold as Connor was.

    Good. Serves him right.

    Connor woke up to hear crying. He sat up, stumbling to find Jared in the blackness.

    "Jared?" Connor said softly, reaching out in the dark and taking a hold of the boy. The boy was so far out it he didn't even object to Connor pulling him up into the bed.

    "What's the matter, baby?" Connor smoothed, stroking Jared's hair. He had Jared settling in his lap now, the smaller boy clung hard to Connor, refusing to let go.

    "I-I had a nightmare." Jared hiccuped, tears soaking into Connor's pajama shirt. Connor pressed a kiss to the top of Jared's head.

    "Well, you don't have to worry, you're safe." Connor told him, his voice soft and silky. Jared didn't reply, he just plucked his head off of Connor's shoulder and stared at him for a second in the darkness. Connor's breathing perked up as he watched Jared carefully.

    After a second, Jared leaned forward and connected their lips. Instantly, Connor's whole body began to tingle with a new feeling. Jared's kiss was sloppy and tired, yet it was much much better than any of the kisses Connor had previously received from the boy.

    As Connor gently kissed back, he began to wonder why this one was so much better than the others, when it struck him.

    Jared had initiated this kiss.

    So, when Jared starts it, it's better? Connor considered this for a second.

    Maybe he'd have to stop the training for now.