Where are you going? - Angst

Triggers: Abusive relationship, yelling, crying, controlling behavior
Note: This is an abusive relationship, this is by no means romantic or acceptable. If you are in an abusive relationship, please seek help.

"Where do you think you're going dressed like that?" Connor asked, spotting Jared out of the corner of his eye. "Those shorts are way too small." Jared turned to him, nervously fiddling with his shorts.

"It's hot out today, I just figured-" Jared began.

"Go get changed." Connor ordered, crossing his arms. "Where were you going?"

"I was just going to go out for a walk." Jared lied, eyes trained on the ground.

"You're lying to me again." Connor paced over to Jared, gripping his arm. Jared gave a small yelp, tears beginning to form in his eyes.

"I just wanted to go see some friends." Jared said in a small voice, not making eye contact with Connor. "I swear, it's nothing-"

"Nothing?" Connor's voice grew angrier as he squeezed Jared's wrist tighter. "I told you I don't want to see you around them anymore."

"I'm sorry!" Tears spilled down Jared's face. "I can do better, I will be better for you!" Connor began to drag Jared upstairs by his wrist, Jared stumbled along, his vision blurred from the tears. Connor threw Jared into his bedroom, he hit the floor with a loud thud.

"I'm locking you in here until you learn." Connor growled, glaring down at Jared before slamming the door shut. The door locked with a click. Jared slowly sat up, the tears momentarily ceasing. He rubbed the arm he landed on, looking around the room. He tenderly pulled himself into the standing position, staring at the door for a minute before grabbing his hair, sobbing.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry I was bad." Jared wept, biting his lip so hard it bled. "I'll be good next time."