Early

Connor arrived home early from work, tired and excited to curl up next to his boyfriend to take a nap. However, when he walked in, he didn't find Jared in the living room, where the boy was usually found playing video games. Nor did he find him in the kitchen, picking at the food they had in their fridge, which wasn't much, Connor needed to go grocery shopping. Finally, Connor headed upstairs, curious as to why when he got home he wasn't greeted with a happy boyfriend to give him kisses.

    As Connor got to the top step, he froze. 

    There were slurping noises coming from their room, along with happy humming coming from his boyfriend.

    Connor felt his blood boil. Here, he'd been working all day and he had to come home to this? Was he not enough for Jared? After all, he was only the person that was constantly by his side, taking care of him when he was sick and always staying faithful to him.

    Connor dropped his work bag and began cracking his knuckles, completely ready to beat up whatever guy Jared was with. No one touches his Jare-bear.

    He shoved open the door to their room, the door banged loudly as it hit the wall, startling Jared and making him turn around with wide eyes.

    "Con, you're home early-" He squeaked.

    Connor opened his mouth to yell, but the words caught in his throat as he realized there was no one else in the room. In Jared's lap was a bowl of ramen noodles, which he was scooping up with a spoon.

    Connor paused for a second and began to laugh, walking over to Jared and ruffling the boy's hair as he sat down on the bed next to him.

    "You scared me, baby." Connor mumbled as he tugged Jared close to him, pressing a kiss to his cheek. 

    "I scared you? You just barged in on me eating my noodles, I nearly choked." Jared chuckled, nuzzling close to Connor. 

    "I heard noises and I just assumed-" Connor sighed. "I'm sorry, I know it was irrational."

    "Yeah, yeah, now leave me to my noodles." Jared chuckled, slurping up more noodles. 

    "I'm gonna go put my bag away." Connor smiled, standing up. He blew a kiss at Jared as he left the room.

    "Is he gone?" Evan whispered from inside the closet.