Soulmate AU

I haven't forgotten about the requests!
Suggested by: Mychemicalrain

"Hey, Connor! I'm loving the new hair length. Very school shooter chic."

The minute the words fell from Jared's lips, he regretted them. Dear lord, that was rude, even for Jared.

Connor scowled at him and Jared tried to quickly fix it.

"I was kidding... It was a joke."

Jared pushed up his glasses, hoping Connor wouldn't yell at him or punch him and would just move on.

"Yeah, no it was funny. I'm laughing, can't you tell?" Connor's eyes stared into Jared's soul. Beside him, Evan stayed quiet.

"Am I not laughing hard enough for you?" Connor deadpanned, stepping towards Jared threateningly.

Jared gave a nervous laugh, throwing his arms up in defeat. "You're such a freak." He turned to leave when he felt heat in his chest. A bit scared that he was having a heart attack, he stopped, clutching his chest.

Upon glancing down, he noticed that he was glowing.

Jared quickly looked up. Dear lord, it wasn't everyday that you get to meet your soulmate, but the halls were empty?

"What the fuck?" Behind him, he heard Connor mutter.

Turning around, Jared saw that Connor's chest was also glowing.

Connor looked up and the two made brief eye contact before Jared looked away, blushing madly.

Meanwhile, Evan was standing there even more awkwardly, not really sure what to do in the situation.

Finally, Connor cleared his throat. "So... I guess-"

"Yeah." Jared didn't even want Connor to finish his sentence. They both knew what it meant.

"Then, I guess," Connor glanced at his chest and then back to Jared. "Would you like to go out sometime?"