Chapter 16

Ryder rubbed his shoulders while looking at Hendry sleep with Thunder next to his leg. Rocky was in another room with all the pups watching him. Lucky they got close to another base from the unknown island and landed inside the base because they couldn't make it to Adventure Bay on time.

"Hendry was gonna tell you, Ryder..."  Thunder said looking at his master.

"Huh.." Ryder looked at Thunder.

"He had everything plan. He was gonna tell you the next day...about Mayor Humdinger being his father and how much he hates him with all his guts..." Thunder said looking at Ryder. "Hendry just wanted more time....to tell you."

Ryder sadly looked at his lover thinking about his life being with Mayor Humdinger and wonder how a father could disrespect their own son.  Ryder then figures out that Stacy was the daughter and that she also hated their dad too.

"Stacy isn't Hendry true sister, Ryder...They both have different mom....just that Stacy's mom raise Hendry when he was a baby...no one knows what happen to Hendry's mom..." Thunder answer Ryder's question even when he didn't ask.

"Oh....that explains all...Hendry must have had it rough." Ryder said brushing his lover's hair.

"Yeah....." Thunder whine and jump on the bed and laid down next to Hendry and close his eyes.

Ryder smiled softly and kiss Thunder forehead and Hendry's too and left to room. He went to check on Rocky and when he opened the door he smiled brightly when he saw Rocky chuckling and looking well.

"Ryder!" Rocky bark happily but whine in little pain when he tried standing.

"Whoa Rocky. Take it easy you can't move that much." Chase said looking at his lover making him chuckle.

"It's good to see your okay, Rocky," Ryder said happily and walk towards him and hug the pup softly.

The other pups were smiling and watching their master hug Rocky who leans close to the comfort. He pulled back and look at RoboDog who bark and took a scan on Rocky who chuckles and looks at Chase who smiled.

"Alright, I just wanted to make sure you're truly okay, Rocky. You and Hendry took a hard shock from that net." Ryder said making Rocky nod.

"Ryder. How is Hendry? Is he okay?" Rubble asks making all the pups look at him and back at Ryder.

Ryder smiled softly at his pups and sigh.

"He's okay....kinda. He has multiple bruises on his back and stomach and some broken ribs but he finds. He's just resting." Ryder said trying to be strong.

"Ryder, we all know you're in pain. You can cry in front of use. Were your companies/friends!" Zuma smiled making Ryder look at him.

Ryder was shocked that his pups were fine with him showing his feelings to them. He blinks his eyes feeling tears falling and he just broke down in tears falling to his knees and hugging the pad.

"I-I'm s-sorry! I-I j-just f-feel like I-I fail y-you guys!" Ryder cried making all the pups smile softly and run to Ryder except Rocky and Chase who smiled.

"Ryder you can never fail us!" Zuma said.

"Yeah, you make our life awesome!!" Marshall said happily.

"Yeah, you take care of us and make us happy." Rubble said.

"Don't forget that you make us these cool gadgets to make sure we're safe and able to help others in need." Skye bark.

Ryder sniff and look at the pups seeing all of them smiling and hugging him.

"Ryder you the best we can ask for," Chase said making Ryder look at him.

"Yeah, and we only want you to find happiness because you deserve more than anything cause you help us find ours," Rocky said.

Ryder smiled softly and look down still feeling the tears falling. He nods and continues to cry softly while the pups just comfort him and ensuring him that things will be fine and that he wasn't a failer to them and mostly to Hendry of all people.

~Six Hours Later~

"RYDER!" Hendry gasp but in groan in pain feeling his broken ribs.

"Careful Hendry! Your dad badly damaged you." Thunder said looking at his best friend.

Hendry looked at Thunder and looked around knowing that they were in another base of the Paw Patrol. He sighed and laid his head back downing looking at the clock seeing it was 9:40 p.m at night. He looked at Thunder who was just watching him making him smile.

"I'm fine, Thunder. Just some bruises and broken ribs. Beside all that you know he causes worst things than this." Hendry chuckles but closes his mouth fast when he saw Thunder head going down.

"I wasn't such a good guard dog....." Thunder whine making Hendry sadly look at him.

"H-Hey, you were just a pup when I got you and I was young too," Hendry said rubbing Hendry's head.

"I know...I just wish I was bigger and stronger soon so I can make your dad  know your pain.." Thunder growl making Hendry chuckle. "Oh, right I'm supposed to call, Ryder!"

Thunder jump off the bed and ran to Hendry's pad and press on Ryder's number. Ryder was just checking on Rocky health when Hendry caller ID pop up making him press on answer fast.

"H-Hendry?" Ryder said but smiled when it was Thunder.

"Nope, but it is about Hendry! He's awake!" Thunder bark happily.

"That's great! I'm heading down there with RoboDog. Make sure he doesn't do anything stupid." Ryder said smiling.

"Hey, I can hear you!" Hendry shouted.

Ryder smile got bigger and hung up on Thunder and ran to Hendry's room while calling RoboDog to meet him there. He finally made it and open the sliding door to see Hendry chuckling and making fun of Thunder who was trying to fix his collar.

"Hendry," Ryder whispers making Hendry look at him but with a worried face.

"R-Ryder...I-I...." Hendry stutter but looked up when he notices Ryder moving. "Ryder I-I was planning to t-tell you I swear!" 

Ryder smiled softly making Hendry's eyes go wide and even wider when he was hug and felt tears falling off Ryder's face to his back.

"Just shut up and accept my forgiveness..." Ryder cried softly hugging Hendry tight.

Hendry blinks and sob out an okay and hug his lover back ignoring the pain. Ryder sniff and pulled back smiling and kissed his lover's lips making him smile and kiss back.

"I-I...was scared I lost you, Hendry...." Ryder whisper sadly making Hendry put his hand on Ryder's cheek.

"I was also scared that you wouldn't talk to me anymore..." Hendry whispers back looking at Ryder in his brown eyes.

They both chuckle and look at each other's eyes again and Hendry leans in for a kiss making Ryder close his eyes and kiss back feeling tears falling from his and Hendry's eyes. They were just happy to know that they were both okay and nothing was gonna happen to their relationship.