Chapter 19

Two days have passed since the turtle hatching incident and Hendry has been acting weird and Ryder knew it was something that Katie had told him that day. He never had a chance to bring it up to Hendry because he was either busy or he wasn't feeling that good cause of ribs to talk. Even Thunder took notice and he wasn't able to get Hendry to talk either. 

"That's it! I need to see what's wrong with him!" Ryder shouted slamming his hands on the desk.

"How?" Thunder bark looking at Ryder who looked at him.

"I-I don't know.....I just want to know what happen that day...." Ryder sigh and looked at Hendry who was petting Rubble and was smiling softly but not his regular smile.

They both sigh and Ryder looked at his hands remembering that the last time they kiss was on that day and ever since that day Hendry hasn't touch or kiss him not once. It started making Ryder think that Hendry had lost interest in him and that he was boring to him but the pups and Thunder reminded him that Hendry loves him with all his heart. Ryder looked up and got off the chair and went inside and to talk to Hendry who was still petting Rubble. 

"Hendry can we tal-!" Ryder gasp when his pad started ringing making Hendry look at him.

"Seem like work is calling. I'm gonna work out." Hendry said smiling at Ryder.

He was about to walk forward to him but stop and sigh and wave at him and left before Ryder told not to go. He sighs and looked at Thunder who nods.

"I'll make sure he doesn't hurt himself." Thunder bark and ran after his master.

Ryder sigh and answer the call seeing it was Katie. She was calling him because Captain Turbot boat was on fire and he was stuck inside. Ryder nod and told her he will be as fast as they can. He called in the pups and he told them everything and that he was gonna take Marshall, Zuma, and Skye. Once everything was set they took off to the beach.

~The Beach~

"Ryder!!" Katie screams while waving her hand.

"Where is he?" Ryder asks looking at Katie and she pointed where.

The boat was sinking and that you can also see the fire too. Then they heard screaming for help by Captain Turbot.

"Zuma takes Marshall with you while I follow behind," Ryder said hopping on his motorbike and transporting it to a jetski.

Zuma nod and ran to his  Hovercraft with Marshall behind. They drove to the boat and Skye was over them looking at them work. Ryder jumps on the boat and looked at Marshall and he pointed at the fire.

"Try slowing the fire while I save Captain Turbot," Ryder said and ran down the stairs and into a door. "Captain Turbot are you in there!?"

"Ryder help the door got stuck for some reason." Captain Turbot said.

"Understood. Just stand back!" Ryder said and started banging on the door with his side but it was tough and he was only hurting his arm.

He groans and gasps when he heard an explosion and saw more fire coming.

"Ryder hurry we can't contain the fire that much!!" Marshall bark.

Ryder looks at the door and swallows down his pain on his arm.

"Hope this doesn't strain my shoulder." Ryder whisper and bang on the door hard as he can straining his shoulder but the door fell with him on top. "Ack...should have known. Come on Turbot!!"

Ryde grabs him by his left hand and pulled him out the room and running up the stair to gasp when he couldn't reach his jetski. Lucky Skye drop the ladder down and Ryder made Captain Turbot go on first and he went on next and Skye flew them to land safely. Ryder sigh and got off the ladder but groan while holding his right shoulder.

"Ryder!!" Katie smiled brightly and ran to him. "Your hurt are you okay?" 

Ryder looks at Katie and glare at her making her take back in shock and watch Ryder walk towards her.

"What did you tell Hendry on the hatchling day, Katie," Ryder said glaring at her.

"W-What do you mean?" Katie stutter while looking at him.

"You know what I mean! You told something to Hendry and he's acting all weird." Ryder said pointing his left finger at her.

"Look Ryder. I only told him to leave you alone because he got you hurt when his dad kidnaps him and he Mayor Humdinger, son. He can use you against him if he knows about you two." Katie said while putting her hand on Ryder's shoulder. "I'm only protecting you. Now come on let's get that shoulder check."

"NO!! You have no right for saying that!!" Ryder shouted angrily.

"Ryder I only did it for you saf-" 

"Just shut up and do me a favor and leave Hendry, and our relationship alone!!!!" Ryder yelled and push Katie aside making her look at Ryder in disbelief.

Skye, Marshall, and Zuma looked at each other and ran after Ryder leaving a shock Katie and an okay Captain Turbot who was crying about his boat. They got back to the Watch Tower and Ryder went inside but not heading into the medic room. Skye ran after him with Zuma and Marshall.

"Ryder you need to get the arm check by RoboDog before it gets worst," Skye said but Ryder shook his head.

"No, I need to talk to Hendry," Ryder said making the other stop.

"He won't listen. Let's get Chase." Zuma said and ran back with the others behind.

Hendry was in the weight room doing push-ups but almost fell when his ribs started hurting. Thunder ran to him when he sat down breathing deeply but slow so it wouldn't cause him to much pain.

"Henry!" Hendry and Thunder looked up when they saw Ryder walk towards him but he took a step back making Ryder stop.

"I know what she told you, Hendry. Is this why you haven't talked to me and keeping your distance." Ryder said sadly.

Hendry looked down and nod his head while looking at Thunder who nod and left the room leaving the two lovers alone. 

"You know she wrong. It wasn't your fault about what happened." Ryder said walking towards him.

"But you and mostly your pups got hurt because of me!!" Hendry screams making Ryder stop. "Because of me I got Rocky hurt, because of me I got you kidnap and because of me I wasn't able to save you from him......from my own father." 

Ryder sadly looked at Hendry who was shaking in anger making him step forward and put a hand on Hendry's face and making him look at him.

"No, he caught us by surprise and we weren't on guard Hendry. It isn't your fault for all those things that happen. You tried protected Rocky from him getting hurt. That's something." Ryder said but gasp when Hendry grab him by his shoulder squeezing his shoulder putting presser on his injured right shoulder.

"NO! You don't understand, Ryder! You keep seeing the good in me but all I see in me is being that disgusting child of Mayor Humdinger. The one he abandoned." Hendry said looking Ryder.

Ryder looked at Hendry and swallow and looked at him with his purple eyes.

"No. I know you're more than just his child. You can be more Hendry and I know that you're different from him." Ryder said feeling Hendry squeezing his shoulders more. "A-And I know you have a caring heart inside you because of your the man I fell in love no matter what he thinks about himself. I'll bring you back up if I have too."

Hendry just stares at Ryder while he was starting back and then Hendry pulled Ryder in a kiss making Ryder close his eyes and wrap his hand around Hendry's neck and pulling him close. Hendry pulled Ryder up making him wrap his legs around his waist. HE deepens the kiss hearing Ryder moan making him pull back and look at Ryder who eyes were full of lust and love for him and him alone.

"Let's take this somewhere else," Hendry said in a deep voice that made Ryder shiver and wants to obey.