Chapter 23

"We need Ryder and the pups help dude," Jake said worried and scared.  

"W-What happen, man," Hendry ask while letting them in.

Skye and Zuma woke up Ryder who was rubbing his eyes and pushing himself off the bed. Chase woke up Rocky and Marshall woke up Rubble who looked all confused. Hendry went to Ryder and help him stand since he was groggy and still sleepy.

"Jake? What happen?" Ryder asks seeing Everest trying to comfort the crying mother.

"Oh, Ryder! Please save my husband and my two boys!!" The mother sobs while Jake rubs her shoulders.

"What!? What happen miss." Ryder said looking at the woman who was a sobbing mess.

"Her husband and two boys went out to get some wood when they thought the storm stop because it stops for a minute but it got worse in seconds and they never came back," Jake said. "It happened at like 12:35 am and we thought we could handle it."

"But the storm got even worse and we couldn't handle it anymore so we came here for help, Ryder," Everest said looking worried.

"Alright let me just change into my warm clothes and will figure things out. Well, meet at the hotel." Ryder said seeing Jake nod and take the weeping mother out the cabin with Everest behind. "Alright, I'll call RoboDog to start the Arctic terrain."

Hendry watches the pups go out the room and run to the back where the vehicle was at. He followed Ryder and got himself change too and Ryder smiled knowing that Hendry was gonna come too.

~Five Minutes Later~

"So that's where they went," Ryder said while looking at the map that Jake and Everest made for them.

"What about the storm Ryder." Rubble asks looking through the window.

"We have to push through it and hope it calms down a little. RoboDog, be careful and Everest lead us where to go." Ryder said watching Everest bark and run to her vehicle.

She drove in front of the Arctic Terrain and she started driving where they stop. Hendry was looking at the storm and how it was making everything so hard to see and it was midnight making it tricky for them because everything is dark. Lucky they had their lights on and Everest knew these lands like the back of her paw. They made it to the location where they couldn't go farther making Ryder go out with Hendry behind.

"The storm is calming down now that's good," Everest said.

"Yeah, but when will it come back again," Hendry said.

"We need Rocky, and Skye since the winds have calmed down," Ryder said seeing Rocky coming out and Skye was in her vehicle. "Skye I want you to fly around and try to spot something while Rocky I want you to use your heat detector camera that you just made with Skye."

Rocky bark and jump with Skye who flew up and went over the woods. Skye was looking around seeing so many white snows everywhere and nothing that shows signs of the father and the two sons. Rocky was using his heater detector and saw only pure blue but bark happily when he saw little of heat on the north side of the woods. He told Skye who nod happily but frown when Rocky told her that they're losing their heat fast.

"Ryder we found the target but they're losing their heat fast. Their up north." Skye reported making Ryder nod.

"Okay, Everest with us and Marshall. The others wait here!" Ryder sigh jumping on his ski with Hendry behind him.

They went to the location and saw Skye's vehicle flying over them and saw just pure snow and nothing more. Everest and Marshall started sniffing on the floor and Marshall bark telling Ryder they're buried under the snow. They started digging and both the boys sigh in relief when the father looks at them smiling.

"Paw Patrol! Thank goodness." The father said while he was keeping his twins warm in his arms which work.

"Let's get going!" Ryder said but gasp when the winds started picking up and looked at Skye.

"Skye goes back fast the storm is picking up already. Will meet up at the Arctic Terrian." Hendry said hearing Skye say yes.

They got the people on Marshall's slid for people and tied it to his vehicle with Hendry and Ryder's help and cover them in warm blankets.

"We need to move now!!" Everest bark feeling the wind blowing harder in her fur.

"Alright lead the way, Everest!" Ryder said hopping on the ski and they drove out.

Everest was looking forward knowing her way and feeling the storm getting even harder. Finally, they saw the vehicle and Ryder sigh in relief, they got their vehicles inside and put the people on the floor and the twin boys woke up okay since their father was keeping them warm. Marshall was tending the father with RoboDog help while Ryder was taking care of the boys.

"We should head back. The storm is getting more worse." Hendry said looking at the snows pushing even harder on the vehicle.

"We can't. I can't even see anymore and it's dangers for Everest to even go out there." Chase said looking through the window.

"Chase is right. Seem like we have no choice but to stay here until the storm calms down again." Ryder said looking at Hendry.

"I don't think this storm is gonna stop at anytime soon. It thinks it's gonna stop like in the morning, Ryder." Everest said looking at Ryder.

"Dam..." Hendry said looking at Thunder and the pups who were looking worried.

"Hey, it's okay. Were inside the Arctic Terrian. Well, leave the heater on and lucky we have blankets on the terrain so well be fine." Ryder said looking at his pups with a smile.

The pups smiled and nod and went to grab the blanket with Ryder and Hendry help. The twins were watching their father who was starting to feel better and get warm once again. They made a bed for the father and sons so they can sleep on it and put two blankets together so the pups can sleep there. They all ran to the blanket and cuddle close giggling but calm down when everyone was comfortable and they were falling asleep. Hendry smiled and put a blanket over them and looked at Ryder who was telling Jake what their gonna do. They hung up and Ryder sigh while pulling his hair back and seeing Hendry stand next to him.

"Sorry, this had to happen while we were sleeping," Ryder said making Hendry smile and shake his head.

"No, it fine. At least I still get to hold you close and keep you warm." Hendry smiled laying down on the makeshift bed he made, with Ryder laying on next to him.

"Yeah," Ryder said cuddling close to Hendry's embrace and sigh feeling his warmth get to him.

"Go to sleep, I'll just watch you sleep," Hendry said making Ryder look at him.

"What about you? Aren't you gonna sleep." Ryder asks seeing Hendry shake his head.

"No, I'll tell you when I'm ready. I'm just gonna keep watch on you and everyone else." Hendry said kissing Ryder's forehead.

"Okay...goodnight, Hendry," Ryder said laying his head back down and closing his eyes.

Hendry sigh and watched as Ryder finally fell asleep and he looked at the windows seeing the wind blowing so hard. He looked at the pups seeing them sleeping already and the father who was being cuddled with his sons making him smile. He just laid his head back down and held Ryder close to him while bringing the blanket close just waiting for the snow storm to stop.