Chapter 53

Even though Hendry was taken away from Ryder and his family. Ryder still had to rescue the people of Adventure Bay. Even if he was five months pregnant now. Ryder sadly looked at the Calendar and seeing it was August and that he only needed three more months for the baby to be born. He looked down smiling softly feeling their baby girl moving around and trying to get comfortable. He chuckles when she finally got comfortable making him shake his head.

"Ryder, how are you doing?" Stacy asked him.

"Okay, just worried about Hendry not being here for the baby," Ryder said softly.

"Hey, don't even think about that. He will and you two will be holding a bundle of joy." Stacy said smiling.

"Thanks, anyways it been kinda hard for me to do the rescue. Hendry was mostly doing the hard rescue since my belly was getting bigger." Ryder sighed.

"Don't worry. Joshua and I can do the hard rescues for you." Stacy said smiling.

Ryder looked at Stacy and smiled softly nodding his head. He blinks when his pup pad started ringing making him sigh softly. Stacy put her hand on his shoulder and watch him answer the call.

"Hey, Ryder! I was wondering if you wanted to joy me hicking. My uncle can't come." Alex said happily.

Ryder sigh in relief and was about say no to Alex until Stacy grabs the pup pad and said yes and that Ryder will be there. She hung up and smile softly at Ryder who looked confused at her.

"You need it. To help you calm down and to help you exercise. Believe me. When you don't move it's gonna hurt like hell pushing this baby out." Stacy chuckle making Ryder pout.

"Please, don't remind me of that part..." Ryder said and smiled. "But okay. I'll go." 

Stacy smiled brightly and nodded her head. She told Ryder that she'll take care of the pups while he's out hiking with Alex. Ryder drove there and got off his motorbike and smiled seeing Alex there.

"Ryder! How's your baby doing?" Alex said happily.

"Okay, she just sleeping. So where are we heading?" Ryder said looking at Alex.

"Oh, I wanted to check out this place where they found dinosaur bones. Probably we can find some." Alex said happily.

"Okay, let get walking." Ryder smiled softly.

They were walking on the trail talking about how their day was and how things were. That is until Alex brought up Hendry. Talking about the happy moments of Hendry making Ryder smile softly at those moments. That is until he heard the last moment Hendry had with Alex.

"Hendry told me that he was gonna teach me how to ride his motorcycle and that he'll let me ride it once I got the hang of it!" Alex said smiling brightly.

"He said what!? I can't believe he was gonna do that." Ryder gasped.

"Ops I wasn't supposed to tell you. Hendry told me not to say a word to you." Alex said.

"Yeah, you weren't," Hendry said glaring at Alex and Ryder.

Alex gasp while Ryder looked at Hendry smiling but frown knowing that look well. The device inside Hendry's head was in control not him. He stood in front of Alex while Hendry was just watching him move. 

"Where Mayor Humdinger!?" Ryder said looking around.

"Don't worry love it's just you and me," Hendry said and started walking towards them. "Why don't we finish what we started before my sister interrupt." 

Ryder looked at Hendry scared and backup making Alex backup too.

"Stay back!!" Ryder scream.

"R-Ryder what's going on? Isn't that Hendry?" Alex asked scared too.

"Ohhh, it's me alright but a change me." Hendry lung forward almost hitting Ryder who gasps and fell down.

Alex looked at Hendry scared when he looked at him about to hurt Alex until there was a growl. An older brown Doberman jump through the bushes biting onto Hendry's arm. Hendry screams in pain falling to the ground. The Doberman growled and roughly shook its head. Ryder and Alex were shocked but they gasp seeing it was Joshua.

"Ryder! Are you okay!" Thunder cried while running to him.

"T-Thunder...ww-who is that?" Ryder said watching the Doberman let go of Hendry and growled at him.

"That my dad!" Thunder smile brightly. 

Mayor Humdinger came out glaring at the Doberman while looking at Hendry stand up holding onto his bloody arm.

"Well well, if it isn't Joshua. My daughter's boyfriend." Mayor Humdinger growled.

"If it isn't Humdinger." Thunder's father growled out.

"Stand down, Steve," Joshua said standing next to the brown Doberman. 

Mayor Humdinger smirk and release the button that controlled Hendry making him fall to his knees. Joshua looked worried including Steve, Thunder, and Ryder.

"G-Good j-job, S-Steve..." Hendry chuckles while groaning in pain.

Ryder looked at Hendry who looked at him and smiles softly. Mayor Humdinger rolled his eyes and looked at Joshua and Steve who growled darkly at him.

"Now now, you wouldn't want him to get hurt now would you?" Humdinger asked pointing at his kittens who were now behind Ryder, Alex, and Thunder trapping them in nets. 

Joshua and Steve turn around shocked and Hendry looked at his father angrily. Mayor Humdinger laughed while throwing the remote up and down.

"Well, what are you gonna choose. Saving my son, or saving Ryder, the child, Thunder, and the unborn baby." Mayor Humdinger said smiling.

Joshua looked back and forth seeing that he had to make a choose and fast. Hendry frown and looked at Joshua who looked at him.

"Choose them!!" Hendry shouted and tackled his father even with an injured arm.

"Nooo!! Blood on my suit!!" Mayor Humdinger scream.

The kittens' gasps and scream in horror when Steve ran to them barking and tried biting one of them. They scramble away and Joshua free Ryder, and Alex while Steve frees his son. Hendry was fighting with his father for the control and manage to kick it off his hand but yelled in pain when his father squeezed his arm making it bleed more. Mayor Humdinger grabs the remote and presses the button once again gaining control over his son. Joshua and Steve ran to where Hendry was but growled when he saw Humdinger pressing the button.

"Well then, my job here is done. Come Hendry and kittens. Time to leave." Humdinger said climbing on the car he bought and drove away with Hendry and the kittens.

Ryder looked at Hendry drive away and cover his mouth seeing so much blood on the floor and knew it was Hendry's blood. Thunder whine softly and looked away from the blood. They had to hurry with freeing Hendry or Mayor Humdinger will cause more harm to the man he loves. 

______________________________________________________________

A/N: Yaayyyy we meet Thunder's dad, Steve the Doberman. He used to work as a soldier dog but he retired to be with his family. Beautiful I know.