Chapter 52

A/N: I photo edit the photo. Making Ryder's belly big and him looking sad. I know it's not that good but I tried TvT

_______________________________________________________

It has been weeks ever since the accident and everyone, was worried for Hendry. After Stacy had shown them the device the was controlling Hendry. Ryder was worrying the most. He was wondering what Mayor Humdinger was doing with his lover and how they were gonna be able to save him from his device. Dr. Starlynn was making a machine to destroy the device but she needs time to make sure it wouldn't cause harm to Hendry brain system or anything to his brain. 

"Don't worry honey, we're gonna save daddy," Ryder said softly while rubbing his belly. 

He was at the beach looking at the beautiful sunset and wishing that Hendry was okay. He looked back to see little kids running after their parents and sadly looked at them drive away from the beach. The pups were right now helping Stacy and Joshua allowing Ryder to go outside by himself. He sadly looked at the sunset feeling alone for the very first time.

"Beautiful isn't it..." Ryder gasp and turned around to see Hendry who was looking at the sunset.

"Hendry!!" Ryder cried about to run to him but Hendry held his hands up.

"NO! Don't come any closer." Hendry said sadly.

"W-What?" Ryder said confused.

Hendry sadly looked at Ryder and looked down ashamed.

"I-I hurt you...I-I almost killed you and the baby." Hendry sobs out softly while looking away from the sand. "I-I can't stand letting myself get close to you knowing I hurt you." 

Ryder looked at Hendry who looked at him and gasped when Ryder lung at him excepting a slap or a shove but instead it was a kiss and a hug. Hendry teared up and kissed back holding Ryder close to him.

"I-I'm sorry..I-I'm sorry." Hendry cried falling to his knees with Ryder falling with him and hugging him close. "I'm s-sorry!" 

Hendry cried on Ryder's shoulder while Ryder held him close. They stayed like that and Hendry wipe away his tears and smiled when he felt the baby kicking.

"Hehe, the baby kicking." Hendry smiled softly.

"I-It's a girl...the baby," Ryder said softly looking at Hendry who rose his head up fast and teared up.

"A-A girl. Oh, god...we're gonna have a g-girl." Hendry sob and chuckles while feeling their baby girl kicking again.

Ryder smiled and sadly looked at Hendry who started groaning in pain and he pushed himself away from Ryder and their daughter. Ryder stood up and watch as Hendry was breathing harshly and stood up shaking.

"I-I have to go," Hendry said looking at Ryder mournful and let his tears fall again but with sadness.

"P-Please don't..." Ryder beg looking at Hendry who was struggling to chose between leaving or staying.

"I have too. If I stay my dad will force me too..." Hendry looked down terrified to finish the sentence and sighed. "Just promise me to stay safe."

Ryder teared up seeing Hendry walking to his motorcycle that he ran to him and calling his name. Hendry turns around and caught Ryder in his arms and kissed him back when Ryder kissed him desperately like it was their last kiss. When they pulled apart they were touching each other's foreheads.

"I-I promise will save you." Ryder cried making Hendry smiled.

"I know." He kisses Ryder one more time and hugs him tightly. "Goodbye...for now." 

Ryder watches as Hendry got on his motorcycle and drove away going back to Foggy Bottom. Ryder sadly looked down at his hand seeing the ring shine brightly in the moonlight and smile. He was gonna save Hendry. Whatever it takes.

~One Hour Later~

Skye was helping Ryder sit down while he was looking at the star twinkle in the sky. He smiled softly at Skye who smiled and jumps off the couch and went to check on the others. Thunder looked around making sure no pup was around. Ryder took notice and smile kindly at him. He knew the pups were treating Thunder different now. They still treat him like a friend but a friend they can't trust. Thunder smiles and walks towards Ryder and sat next to him on the couch.

"I-I'm sorry..." Thunder said softly.

"What do you mean?" Ryder asked.

"For everything...no being able to protect Hendry..." Thunder whisper. "If only I was big." 

Ryder smiles sadly at him and rubs Thunder ear.

"Hey, it's okay. No one is to blame here. You can't always protect Hendry, Thunder. Your still a pup and not an adult yet. I know Hendry will still be proud of you trying anyway." Ryder said earning a small smile from Thunder.

"I-I know you saw him...how is he?" Thunder asked.  

Ryder smiled and looked at his belly.

"He's doing okay. Struggling but okay." Ryder said softly.

"That good to know." Thunder whine softly.

Ryder sighed and held Thunder close to him thinking about his lover and what Mayor Humdinger was doing to him.

~Foggy Bottom~

"I'm sorry honey," Ella said sadly.

"It's okay mom. At least I got to know he was okay and our child" Hendry said while pulling his hair back.

"You know I would help but even if I manage he would kill you with that device inside your head." Ella sadly said.

Hendry nod while looking at his hands and close them but looked up when his stepmom put her hands on his.

"Honey, it wasn't your fault. Stop thinking like that." Ella said while pulling her stepson close to her.

Hendry sighed and hug his mom knowing that his father had plans for him and he knew it involved hurting Ryder and the pups. He just hopes that his sister and Joshua would stop him from hurting Ryder no matter what. He wants Ryder to be safe. Even from him.

"Ella! I need our son!" Humdinger smiled brightly at her while she frowns at him.

"Take care love," Ella said standing up and leaving her child.

Hendry sighed and looked at his dad to groan in pain because he had already gotten used to the pain in his head already. Mayor Humdinger held the remote and smirk when he son looked at him emotionless.

"Let get cracking!" Humdinger laughed.