Chapter 56

~One Month Later~

It was September and the leaves were turning orange, red, or yellow. Things are quite in Adventure Bay. Everyone was getting ready for Thanksgiving and hunting Turkey. In the Lookout, the pups were running around in the leaves that were falling already with Thunder, and Everest. Hendry was smiling softly at them playing and looked at his right arm, all bandaged up. He glares at his arm and then to his hand and close his eyes squeezing his hands and gasp when he remembers how these hands were around Ryder's throat. He looked down sighing and walking back inside. 

Hendry hasn't fully forgiven himself for hurting Ryder. He keeps punishing himself by letting himself feel pain. One time Ryder caught him doing that when he was pushing himself when working out. He strained his arm for pulling up too much weight making Ryder worried. Hendry smiled softly seeing his lover eating some banana oats with peanut butter. He chuckles when he watched him drop some peanut butter on his shirt.

"Craving again?" Hendry said softly raising his hand and watching Ryder flinch.

Oh, even though Hendry was saved and finally himself again. Ryder now flinches whenever Hendry touches him. It happen when Hendry was about to hug him but Ryder flinch back afraid that he quickly tried apologizing. Hendry smiled painfully and pulled his hand back making Ryder look at Hendry and grab his hand quickly.

"S-Sorry! I...I didn't mean too..." Ryder said standing up and hugging Hendry.

"I know..." Hendry sighed holding Ryder close and closing his eyes but open them quickly when he saw the memories again. "I-I just need sleep."

Ryder looked at Hendry and hold his hands.

"I-I know your struggling Hendry...why don't you just talk to me?" Ryder asked softly making Hendry shake his head.

"No...not now...anyways my sister is taking me to see someone about...this," Hendry said kissing Ryder's forehead.

Ryder nods softly and hug him again and look at Hendry.

"T-Then I'll sleep with you. I need to stop flinching whenever you touch me..." Ryder said looking at Hendry who smiled softly at him.

"Sure," Hendry said walking to his room.

Also, Hendry chose to sleep in his own room that he had before he was sleeping with Ryder 24/7. They went inside and Hendry laid on the bed closing his eyes looking stressed. Ryder sadly looked at his lover wishing that he could help him but knew Hendry didn't want Ryder to know what happened. Not yet anyway. He sighed and climbed in the bed and went to Hendry's side even if his mind was telling him to run. He ignores it and reminded himself that this was the love of his life and he wasn't gonna abandon him. Hendry opens his right eye and smiled softly seeing his lover lay close to him and he hug him close. He then closed his eyes allowing himself to sleep and for the first time, he finally got some sleep while hugging Ryder and smelling his scent.

~Three Weeks Later~

Hendry chuckles watching his mom touching Ryder's stomach and screaming in delight when the baby kick. Ella came to visit her children in Adventure Bay and she wanted to meet Ryder and her soon to be granddaughter. It was 3:30 p.m and Ryder smiled seeing Ella smiling brightly.

"Oh, honey! She has your strength!" Ella said happily at Hendry who smiled.

"Thanks, mom," Hendry said.

"So when is she due?" Ella asked Ryder.

"Doctor Kilala said that she is due on December the 1st," Ryder said happily.

"Awww she's a winter baby." Ella chuckles. "That's isn't quite your season huh, Hendry." 

Ella chuckles seeing her son groan and pull his yellow hair back. Ryder smiles and stood up to get some water for him and Ella. Once he left Hendry looked at his mom seriously.

"Mom, how's dad? Is he causing harm?" Hendry whisper.

"Honey, you don't need to worry about him anymore. I have him fully in my control. He won't cause much harm to anyone. He will continue to cheat, or cause trouble but no more harm will come from him." Ella said putting her hand on her son's hand. "Anyways, enough about your father. How are you doing?" 

Hendry sighed and looked down.

"O-Okay...I-I guess. I'm...actually talking to someone about...my problems. Ryder finally stops flinching away from my touches, but I still have nightmares when I'm not sleeping with Ryder. For some reason...him being there...helps with the nightmares." Hendry said making Ella smiled.

"Well, that's good your talking to someone about your problem...also try talking to Ryder about those nightmares. Perhaps that will help and sleep with Ryder more okay." Ella said.

"I-I can't...I'm scared that I might wake up to have my hands....." Hendry looked down quietly.

"Honey, you're not gonna harm him. You have to stop. Or you'll never get better." Ella said and looked at her son who nods.

"I-I'll try." Hendry sighed.

~Twelve Hours Later~

Hendry was wetting his face with cold water to get his mind clear. He had another nightmare and it was around 3:45 a.m. He was sleeping by himself again and it had to happen. He sighed knowing that he won't be able to sleep so he went out his room and walk to the kitchen. Whenever he has his nightmares he goes to the kitchen to make himself a snack and watch T.V. until it's 7:00 a.m and he goes to workout. He stops in front of Ryder's door and looked at it thinking about what his mother told him. He sighed and pressed the door open watching it slide open and press the button again watching it close. He smelt the air and let a breath of air out that he didn't he was holding. He looked at the bed seeing Ryder sleeping peacefully and his stomach moving softly. He also took notice that Ryder was wearing his shirt and it fit him too big making him chuckle softly. He sighed and went to the bed and pulled back the blanket and climb in.

"H-Hendry?" Ryder asked sleepily.

"Shsss it's okay. Just gonna sleep here with you." Hendry said softly.

Ryder smiled softly and watch Hendry get comfortable. Once he did he lean close to Hendry making him smiled and put his arm around him and hugging Ryder close. He looked at Ryder who smiled and leans close to Hendry. His eyes went wide when Ryder kisses him making him tear up and kiss back feeling his tears falling. He deepens the kiss making Ryder mewl and hold onto Hendry's shoulders tightly.

"I-I'm sorry," Hendry said softly while Ryder wipes away his tears.

"I know..." Ryder smiled and kissed his lover one more time.

Hendry sighed and watch Ryder fall asleep making him smiled and hold his family close. He let his eyes close and enjoys the warmth of his family. Knowing that he and his new family will get through this. Together.