Part 12:Ryder

After hearing about her, I felt bad for her. I promised myself to protect her and make her the happy girl she once was.

My next class started to come, they were a bunch of 5th grade. I said "Hello class, I'm your Maths teacher Ryder Jonas. How about you all tell me your names?"

The student beside Isabella said "She is not in our class, why is she here?" He was glaring at Isabella. 

I told him "She was talking in the class while I was teaching, so I told her my 5th grade children are more better than you. I brought her here in your class so she could learn from you all."

The guy said "I'm James and she is a bad girl." Isabella now glared at him. The girl beside James said "I'm Veronica and I love her. She is very pretty."

Isabella smilingly said "Thank you sweetie, but you are more pretty than me. I'm Isabella." And then other students started introducing themselves. 

After introduction, I gave them a problem to solve. James was sitting on 1st bench and I could see that he only copied the problem and did not solve while others were solving.

Isabella asked James "Why are you not solving?" James said "I'm weak in maths I don't understand it." 

She took his pencil from him, his notebook and began to explain him. I just look at both of them and smile. She surely was good with kids.

When everyone was done solving I asked them for the correct answer. Majority of them had got it correct.

James was happy that he understood and he was talking to Isabella now. After a few minutes bell rang and everyone dispersed.

I told Isabella "You are good with kids. You could be a great teacher someday." She smiled and said "You were also good, they loved you."

I was about to reply her, when her phone started ringing. She received the call and say "Hey Austi, where are you?"

She was smiling and I was happy to see her smile. I could hear Austin shout at her, she said "I'm in Mr. Jonas room."

He said something and she just replied okay before disconnecting the call.

I asked her "Everything okay?" She nodded and told me "You will have a visitor in few seconds."

And just as she said Austin entered. He asked pissed "Why did you not come to gym and a girl said you left chemistry because mom called you."

She asked confused "Why will your mom call me? Principal called me." He said "She is my mother and why are you here? Did he say anything to you?"

He asked her pointing towards me. Isabella said "I didn't knew that principal was your mother and I just stayed in his class to bunk gym. He did not said anything."

He asked "Why did the principal called you?" Isabella just shrugged and said "I'm too hungry, please can we go eat something." He nodded and they were about to leave.

I called Isabella before they reached door and said "Isabella keep this with you. If it flew towards you, then my brother wanted you to have it."

Austin looked shocked and said "Why a change of heart brother?" I just shrugged and he gave me a look that said we need to talk.

Isabella asked "Is he your brother? Was he the one to saved me on Sunday?" Austin said "Yes he saved you and he is like a brother to me."

Isabella said "Thanks Mr. Jonas, for saving me on Sunday and last night." Austin asked curiously "Last night? What happened last night?"

I said "She lost her way back home again, so I dropped her and Bella no need to thank me. Also please call me Ryder, when we are alone. Mr. Jonas make me feel old."

She just nodded and drag Austin out before he can ask more questions. I followed them and went to the canteen. I too did need food, so I went and grabbed a sandwich.

In canteen I saw Austin and Isabella sit with their friends. I knew all their friend as Austin, Noah and Mason were part of the gang and we live together. I also knew the girls because they are always there at the gang house hanging around.

Logan was the only one who did not know about me, because I never trusted him. Boys always felt bad for leaving him alone, but followed my orders of not telling him. I went to my classroom and began to eat.