Part 23: Isabella

I woke up next morning and open my eyes. I was confused because this was not my room. I looked around and realized I was in Ryder's room. Everything from last night came back to my mind and I felt like crying.

I got up and went into the washroom. I freshen up and went back into the room. I sat on the couch with my knees near me and kept my face in between my knees.

After few minutes I felt someone sit beside me. I look up to see Ryder sitting.

He hugged me and said "Come have your breakfast, everyone is waiting outside for you. We have to go see your grandparents and prepare for their funeral."

I nodded and he gave me his hand to hold. I took hold of his hand and walked out. In the living room sat Noah, Sofia, Mason, Karen, Austin, Grace, Blake and Austin's mother who is our school's principal.

Noah asked me "How are you feeling now? You okay?" I just nodded. Ryder made me sit beside Austin's mom.

Blake said to everyone "Guys leave her alone. Isabella eat your breakfast then Ryder and I will take you to your grandparents." I nodded.

Karen gave me a sandwich and chocolate milkshake. I quietly ate it and everyone left. Now only Blake, Ryder, Austin's mother and I were sitting.

Blake said "Isabella, she is my wife Emily. Last night I talked to a cop named Jeff and he informed me that you are still a minor. So you need to go to a foster home. I wanted to ask you, if you don't mind can Emily and I adopt you? This way you can stay here with your friends and Ryder. We always wanted a daughter but Emily could not conceive a baby after Austin."

I said "Thanks Blake I would love to be your daughter. At least I would know I'm welcome in your family."

This was only the happy think that happened in past 24 hours with me. I did not wanted to go to foster care. I like it here with Ryder.

Later on we went to a morgue. I saw my grandparents lifeless body, I cried profusely and Ryder and Blake let me cry.

After I was calm we left from their and Ryder said "I will go and look after the funeral preparation, you go back home with Blake."

Blake and I left from morgue and I sat in the passenger seat while Blake drove. He said "You know we will never let your mother hurt you. You are now my daughter and no one can hurt my family." I nodded and fall asleep while looking out.

I got up to see I was sleeping in Ryder's room. I was hungry so I went out and saw no one was around. I went in the kitchen and prepared ramen noodles for dinner. I made an extra pack, if anyone comes they can eat.

When I was done I put the pan on the table and took a fork and started to eat from pan. I just had my first bite when Ryder entered. He said "You could have called me when you were up. I was down with the gang."

I said "I'm fine now Ryder. I don't want to cause you more trouble. Because of me you already have to do so much work. Come eat with me."

He sat down beside me took a fork from the stand and said "You are no trouble, I can do much more for you." I nodded and we both ate our food quietly.

After we were done I got up and took the pan and forks and kept it in the sink. I was about to wash them when Ryder said "Let me do it, you cooked I will wash them."

I said "I can do it. You must be tired and I slept whole day. So you go change and freshen up."

He did looked tired, so he just nodded and left. I washed the utensils and went back to Ryder's room. He has changed and was flipping the channels on the TV.

I sat down beside him and said "Thank you Ryder for everything. I don't know what I would have done if it weren't for you."

Ryder looked towards me and said "It's not a problem at all princess. I like you alot remember that."

I smiled at him and said "I like you too." He just nodded then he registered what I said and turned to me and said "Really?" I nodded and he hugged me tight.

I asked him "Where are the guys?" He pointed with his finger up and I said "I'm going to meet them. You sleep, I'm sleeping in the guest room. Girls brought my things and kept in the room beside you. I will stay there."

He looked sad but nodded. I went up to hear noises from Mason's room. I went inside to see everyone watching FRIENDS.

Mason and Noah said at the same time "How are you?" Others laugh on them, while I said "I'm fine now. Are you all coming with me to their funeral tomorrow?"

They all said yes. I sat beside them and continued watching TV. Half way Noah, Mason, Austin and Sofia fall asleep. Austin and Noah were on couch.

While Mason and Sofia cuddled each other on his bed. Karen and I turned off the TV and went down to my new room and slept.