Diagon Alley

I had brought my trunk because I decided I'm not luging around books in my arms.

We were walking the streets heading to Diagon Alley, and Harry started to read off the list of things we needed. It seemed ridiculous. Like, a cauldron? Was that really necessary?

Hagrid brought us to this pub/bar place that smelled of: body odor, alcohol, and smoke. As I looked up, I could see people laughing, drinking, smoking, and talking continuously.

I was scared of all the drunks, so I grabbed into Harry's arm. He understood. He gave me a smile and grabbed my hand. As we walked through, one of the bar tenders asked Hagrid if he wanted his usual.

"I'm on a Hogwarts business trip. Just helping young Bridget and Harry buy their supplies."

Then the man went mad. Well not mad, but he was close. He stated out loud in front of everyone that this young fellow was Harry Potter. Everyone came to say hello and shake his hand. We were both confused. One thing Hagrid did not mention was that Harry Potter was famous. And we didn't know why either. While we were walking, we ran into this one man.

"H-h-harry P-p-potter. H-H-How I...I am...ev-ev-ever so p-p-pleased to...to fin-finally me-et y..you," He said. I caught a glimpse of his eyes, and they didn't speak 'Hey I'm friendly,' period.

"Oh yeah. Harry and Bridget, this is Professor Quarrel. He is teaching Defense Against the Dark Arts this year." Hagrid introduced us.

I smiled. I didn't like the looks of this guy. As they say, fake it until you make it.

"Oh, nice to meet you Professor Quirrell," Harry extended his hand forward but Quarrel refused to take it. See sketchy. I didn't do that. I just smiled and stared.

"Well, need be going now. Got things to buy." Thank god Hagrid took us away from that man. I was not okay around him. I don't care if he was going to be my Professor. He was weird. And it was not because of the turban.

We walked out and there was a brick wall. Hagrid and Harry got onto the subject of him being famous. Hagrid opened up the wall by taping on it. "Welcome, guys, to Diagon Alley," Hagrid stated.

The first words to come out of me were, "It's brilliant..." The walkways were packed with people and animals. We were walking down the path and Hagrid was explaining what they were. We walked by a store which was selling broomsticks and a bunch of kids were gathered around staring at it. This has to be a dream, I told myself. I closed my eyes and opened them. I was in the same place, but Harry was at my left side. Harry hadn't let go of my hand. He gave it a squeeze of reassurance as we entered in the place. He knew I didn't like crowds like this. I squeezed his hand and smiled at him. He smiled back.

We headed into Gringotts, "Oh Hagrid," I said. "I have my key, what do I do?" I looked to him for advice. Inside Gringotts were goblins, I believe. So many goblins.

We walked up to where the head goblin was. Hagrid was coughing to get his attention. I giggled a bit. Hagrid is literally the sweetest person alive. "Mrs. Bridget Meadows and Mr. Harry Potter would like to make a withdrawal."

The goblin leant over the desk, "And do they have their keys?" He asked. In his eyes were anger. I understood the feeling; being stuck somewhere you could never escape even if you tried.

I stood up tall, and handed him mine, "It's my grandmother's but she's dead, so she gave it to me."

The goblin's nose scrunched as he took my key. Shit...shouldn't have said that. He nodded, and Hagrid gave the goblin Harry's. Harry looked at me. I nodded, "Long story. I'll tell you later."