First Quidditch Match: Year 2

A few weeks later we had our first Quidditch match. We were going up against the Slytherin Team. The weeks leading up to this weren't that bad. I had to quickly get my homework done so the only thing I wasn't so hot in was History of Magic. But that's also because I barely pay attention in that class. I was getting an 'acceptable' which is like an -A. But other than that everything was good. Draco and I were on good terms. Parkinson: not so much. The monster from the Chamber of Secrets hasn't attacked anyone yet. I noticed that Ginny was lonely a lot and she would often avoid me. I shook it off though. I had more important things to focus on. 

Anyways, it was game time. We were all circling the field; getting into our positions. We got into positions and I was face to face with Pugface. I sighed and put my face down. She said the same thing she did last year, then released the balls. She threw the Quaffle up in the air. I got right in and grabbed it. I flew towards the lowest hoop. I did the move I had last year. It went right into the highest one. BAM! Beat that Parkinson!

I made my way around, and about ran head on into Parkinson. She glared and made her way to the hoops. I smirked. She's jealous! 

About halfway through it was about 50 points to 60 points. Gryffindor in the lead. I about got hit with a Bludger about...5 times. I saw Angelia getting chased so I was right next to them. I looked to her, then to the guy. I saw him punch the Quaffle out of her hands so I dove after it. I caught it and flew to the Slytherin side. 

I could see from the corner of my Pugface was gaining on me. I tried to go faster but it didn't work. I saw her come next to me and shove me. I dodged and she turned over. I sped up and threw the Quaffle into the hoop. It made it through. I cheered and I glared at Parkinson.

I saw Harry flying around the field, with a Bludger following them. Bludgers don't follow. I looked around and nobody seemed to be on the Bludger. I forgot what I was doing and ended up getting ran into by a Slytherin by the name of Terence Higgs. I knew his name because I eavesdropped a while ago. 

"Watch where you're going," I told him. 

"You're one to talk," He replied and flew off. 

I looked around to see if I could see Harry. I found him. He was racing around the towers. I sped after him. I noticed the Bludger almost didn't look normal. I raced up next to Harry, "What's going on? With the Bludger?"

"I don't know," He looked to me. "It's been following me." 

"MEADOWS!" I heard Angelia yell.

I looked up to her, and I went over to her, "Yeah?"

"Wood's down," She pointed to the ground below our hoops. "We need you to go over there." 

I nodded and zoomed over to our hoops. I looked around and I saw Parkinson flying over with the Quaffle. She was followed by Flint and Higgs. I rolled my eyes, Always a showoff. 

She tried to trick me, but I got it and threw it to one of our other teammates. Pugface scowled at me, and I smirked at her. I glanced around. No sight of Harry anywhere. Crap! I lost him. Then I saw Draco flying across the field. My eyes widened at he plummeted into the splits. Ouch. That must hurt. 

I looked around and saw Harry holding out an arm reaching for the snitch. I flew over to him, skipping over Draco. I saw Harry hit the ground. I got over to him and everyone started to gasp. I jumped off my broom. Everyone started to cheer as Harry held up the snitch. I knelt down beside him. "You okay Harry?"

He shook his head, and sat up. He tried to move his left arm, but I could tell it was hurting him. I then heard a similar noise. We both glanced up and I saw a the Bludger above Harry's head.