Secrets

I was strolling through the halls going back to the Gryffindor Common Room. I was carrying a cardboard box that had my grandparents stuff. I had just got done with talking to Dumbledore.

I realized that nobody was around so I stopped and closed my eyes. I started to sing to myself: (Another Empty Bottle; Katy McAllister)

Mama was a bit naïve,
And her daddy was a blinded thief,
He went and stole away,
what was left of the remains of the family.

She hid away behind a door she kept locked,
But the walls weren't thick enough to block out
The angry voices that once soothed her to sleep.

And she lies, tonight
Underneath the caving roof
And she cries,tonight
Wondering what she could do
And she tries, tonight
Remembering who she once knew,
But they've died inside
Another empty bottle takes a life

I sang the song, and after I sang the bridge I heard something. I looked around. Nobody. So, I closed my eyes and kept singing.

After I finished singing, I opened my eyes. I was surrounded by students of all houses. They were all cheering, and giving me high-fives claps on the back.

They heard me. No, no, no, I thought. I've never thought I had a voice well enough to sing in front of people. The only person I sang in front of was Harry, and even that was rare.

"That was awesome," Fred came up to me, putting his arm around me.

I placed my head on the cardboard box. My heart was starting to race. I could feel my face get red. I'm so embarrassed.

"Oh, Bridget. Why are you being so shy? That was amazing!" I heard George say.

I lifted my head, and people were still around me. The two twins were standing on either side of me. "I-I-I got to go," I stuttered and ran to the courtyard. There I saw Harry and Wood. Oh! They were waiting for me! Crap! I forgot.

I ran out to them, then set down my box, "Hey...sorry...I...was late...I forgot," I was out of breath.

"It's okay. Where were you?" Harry asked.

"Uh, I was heading to the common room to put this on my bed, but got..." What should I say? I was singing in the corridors and people heard? No way. "Sidetracked." Oh yeah, I was a genius.

"Okay? Well, I'm glad you could make it," Wood said, smiling over at me. Then on, Wood explained what balls were what. The Quaffle, for Chasers like me; Bludgers, for beaters like Fred and George; and the Snitch for, Seekers like Harry. And he was a Keeper. They keep the Quaffle, that the other team throws in, out of the hoops that I have to throw in.

That was basically our 'lesson.' I tossed the Quaffle around in my hands then gave it back. It was pretty light so I shouldn't have a problem.

We were walking back to the Gryffindor tower, then we ran into Hermione and Ron. What were they doing together?  I always thought they had a connection, but Hermione has never said anything about it.

"Hey, Bridget, we just ran into Fred and George," Ron started, who face looked as if he could glow. This can only go one way, I thought. "They said you can sing like a goddess."

I closed my eyes. No. No. No.

"What does he mean, Bridget?" Harry asked me.

I opened my eyes and turned to go up the stairs, "Come on. I'll tell you as we head back."

We walked up the stairs, and I thought we were going the right way because they never said anything. I explain my story with going to see Dumbledore, but I didn't tell them the whole "Protect Harry" thing. Then how I was singing in the corridors and people heard me. Then how I went out with Harry.

We went into a doorway, "I think we went the wrong way," I said.

"How? You were leading the way, Bridget," Ron stated, whining.

"Hey, I am holding a box, telling you a story, and climbing stairs that move. I can't look at my map right now to see if we were going the right way," I argued back.

"Guys. This is the third floor corridor. Dumbledore told us it's forbidden. We need to leave before we get caught," Hermione said, sounding a bit worried.

A torch went up in flames, and all of us snapped our heads in it's direction. "Let's just go back," Harry suggested.

I heard a meow come from behind us, "It's Mrs. Norris, Filch's cat," 'Mione explained.

"Run," As soon as Harry said that, I bolted through the corridor. Every torch I passed, lit up in flames. I could hear the three of them behind me, and there was no where else to go. We were at a dead end, blocked by a door. Today's been a great workout day.

Harry tried to open it, but it wouldn't go. He let out a groan of frustration.

"Well, we're done. We'll be kicked from the grounds of Hogwarts-," Ron sighed in defeat. So dramatic.

I rolled my eyes, "Stop being dramatic."

"Move over," Hermione pushed Harry out of the way. "Alohamora." And the door came unlocked.

She opened the door and we all rushed in. I rushed in, and noticed fur. I looked at it, and it was a three-headed dog. It looked so cute!

I looked down at its feet and noticed something. A trapdoor?

" I think that Filch is gone," Hermione stated.

"He probably thinks the door is still locked," Ron added.

"Well, it was locked," Hermione corrected him.

"And it was for good reason," I glanced at Harry, who was staring at the dog.

"Oh, this cute thing wouldn't hurt a fly," I said in a baby voice.

They all looked at me like I was crazy.

"Haven't you guys read 'Ferdinand the Bull'?" I asked.

Hermione face palmed, "Haven't you heard of Cerberus?" Ron looked confused.

We all looked back at the dog, and it was starting to get up. One head yawned and I thought it was the most adorable thing. It got up and fully awake. It growled and roared at us. While the others screamed, I blinked twice, and was pulled out of there. We all tried to close it and finally did.

"Okay, I take back was I said. It would hurt more than a fly," I stated.

We walked up and stairs to go into our dormitories. "Did you guys noticed what it was standing on?" Hermione said.

"You expect me to look at it's feet when it has three heads?!" Ron was freaking out, very loudly if I may add.

"Hush, Ron. But Hermione is right. It was standing on something. Like a trapdoor," I explained.

"It can't be there by accident," Hermione pointed at Ron as we got up to our dormitories. "I bet it's guarding something."

"Yeah, but I don't want to know yet. It's only the first week of school. Let's give it 'til second semester," I said, sighing.

"We should be getting to bed too before you both get us in trouble, or killed," Hermione opened the door. "or, even worse, expelled."

I walked inside, and nodded.

She closed the door and walked over to her bed, making sure to be quiet because of the girls asleep. "Those boys are going to be the death of us," She whispered to me.

I laughed and set my stuff down beside my bed. Iris had fallen asleep on my pillow. I rolled my eyes and got dress into my pajamas. I crawled into bed, and Iris noticed that I moved her. She came over and snuggled up next me. I looked down at my bracelet. It was glowing. I smiled.

I wish I had met my grandparents, were the last thought I had before I drifted off to sleep.