Weird Things

Harry and I walked down the wet, dimly lit street. I zipped up my jacket with my free hand, seeing as my wand was in my jean pockets and my right hand was dragging the case.

I couldn't tell whether Harry was frustrated, angry, sad, confused, or all of them. I kept silent, cause I didn't want to make it worse.

We ended up coming to a stop when the street parted into two streets. I sighed, and watched Harry go over to the side of the street. I followed him. I watched him sit down.

"You're going to get wet," I cautioned him.

He chuckled. His little laugh made me laugh. I liked seeing him happy. I liked seeing all my friends happy. That made me happy.

I leaned up against my trunk. I looked around at our surroundings. The wind seemed to get stronger for some reason. The light over head of Harry and I seemed to be flickering. The eerie children's playground behind us seemed like we were in a horror movie. In front of us, nothing seemed to be wrong.

That was until a twig snapped. Wow. I don't remember getting into a horror movie. I got up off my trunk to get ready for anything.

A black canine type animal came out from the bushes. I gazed into its eyes. I focused on the energy coming from them. Confusion and slight longing came from them. Harry? Is that Harry? It's voice spoke. Weird thing, it sounded like a man. Like a male human. The energy seemed much stronger than an animal.

Maybe he's an animagus...How does he know Harry? My mind thought.

I felt a hand pull me backwards, and it snapped me out of my trance. I fell backwards. Luckily, for me, I landed on Harry.

Within a few seconds, this weird bus came flying up out of nowhere. I groaned as the lights within hit my eyes. I squinted, and my vision was coming back to me. This man was standing in the bus' door-way.

He pulled out a card, "Hello, and welcome to the Knight Bus. Local transportation for abandoned witches and wizards. I am Stan, and I will be your conductor for this evening." He folded up the card, and placed it back in his front pouch of his jacket.

I looked to Harry with a confused glance, and he shrugged. I looked back to the conductor.

Stan looked around then down to us, "Uh, am I interrupting something?"

"What?! No!" I quickly got off Harry.

"We are not a couple," Harry argued getting up.

"Then how come you were on the ground...one on top of the other?" He interrogated.

"I got knocked over by something and lost balance. I fell into him, and he lost his balance. So, it was all gravity's fault," I nodded .

"Whatever ya say," the man crossed his arms. "Are you two going to get on or what?"

I looked around the corner of the bus. The animal was gone. I turned and saw the man named Stan looked over my shoulder, "Whatcha looking at?"

"I thought I saw something earlier. Must've been my imagination," I lied to him. I was not trusting him with information I don't even know.

"You are strange," he shook his head, heading back to the opening in the blue bus. I rolled my eyes as I got my luggage. I hauled Iris and my stuff onto the bus, and set it in the designated area.

I took a look at the bus. It was filled with some beds, and more luggage. I walked straight and looked up. In the center, was a huge chandelier. There were stories going up as far as the eye could see. I gazed at everything in awe. I sat on one of the red beds, and looked to Harry, who was sitting on the one in front of me, "This is so weird...I like it."