Diagon Alley

Decked out in our Hogwarts uniforms, all of us kids stood in front of the Weasley's fireplace. I was to the right of Harry. My heart was racing. It seems ridiculous, but I was nervous; I had never used floo powder before. Sure, I had heard people talk about it at school, and I read a little bit about it last year, but I've never used it. What if I messed up? What if it doesn't take me to the right place and-

"Alright," snapping me from my thoughts, Mrs. Weasley had grabbed a sack of something which was hanging on the fireplace. "Harry, you can go first."

"Mum, Harry and Bridget haven't used floo powder before," Ron spoke for us. 

"Ok then, you can go first Ronald. Show Harry and Bridget how it's done," she waved him over.

The ginger grabbed a handful of  powder. He had grabbed quite a bit; so much that some was falling from his hand. Once he stepped into the fireplace, Ron pronounced, "Diagon Alley!" With a quick throw of the chalk, my friend was engulfed in green flames. I stood there in awe as the fire died down. He's gone? But he was just here...floo powder works awfully quick, huh?

"See it's quite easy. Come on," Molly ushered Harry over to her. He grabbed himself some powder before stepping into the brick cave. He gave me a quick smile before yelling "Diagonilly!" The green flames ingulfed him soon after the words came from his mouth. My eyes went wide, his pronunciation was so off. 

"Uh-oh," Ginny said. She must've read my mind. 

I sighed, Why does Harry have to get himself into trouble every five minutes?  "I'll go looking for him once I get there." I crawled in next. The smell of smoke stung my senses. I grabbed me a handful of the powder, "Diagon Alley!" I felt the warmth from the flames around me, before the feeling of something rock solid hitting my back. I slid down the dark surface, and landed on a wooden floor. The light from outside was a little blinding, but my eyes adjusted as I got up. I coughed to get some of that smoke residue out of my lungs. Ronald was standing in front of me, smiling his simple smile. His smile disappeared as he looked behind me, "Where's Harry?" 

"I don't know," I sighed and wiped the soot off of my robes. "I'm going to go find him. You stay here." I walked out of the place. It was a generic broom store. The streets of Diagon Alley were packed with wizards and witches of all ages. I excused myself around the crowd, careful as to not bump into anyone. It would've been a lie to say that I didn't like that place, but I hated crowds most of the time. I walked through the alley, looking inside every store. There was no sign of my best friend everywhere. Maybe he didn't end up near here

I paced up and down the streets. The farther I went, the less people there seemed to be. It also got darker. After five minutes, I stopped at a sign...Knockturn Alley?  I moved forwards. Something in my gut was telling me that I needed to go down this narrow pathway. I am going into Knockturn Alley. I hyped myself up before walking down the cobblestone street. I did my best not to make eye contact with the few people standing around.  There were people in rags, just staring at me. I walked faster. Don't look at them. They aren't looking at you. You're just being paranoid. Just find Harry and get out of there.

 Then I saw him. Relief flooded my body as I ran to him, "My GOD Harry!" I grabbed him. He seemed a bit startled to see me, and I couldn't blame him. I rolled my eyes, "You didn't speak clearly enough. Let's go." When I turned to head back, my path was blocked by people. They seemed to be either malicious or insane. Each one of their eyes were filled with a type of hunger that I don't normally see. 

"Thank god you're here, Bridget," I heard Harry sigh.

"Don't thank me just yet," I warned him. "Excuse me," I said trying to get through the crowd. It was so dense that I wasn't going to get through unless I touched, pushed, or bumped somebody. I really didn't want that right now. The longer we stood there, the closer the mob was getting. I felt one of them tug on my rob. "OKAY!" I lost it. "Back up or I'll jinx you! I'm not afraid too!"