Evening with Slughorn

"Really?" I asked, looking at the vile of clear liquid.

"Yes. And I want you to go with me," Harry nodded.

"Why?" I asked.

"Because we do things together, remember?" He smiled. He undid the top and shot it all down.

"How do you feel?" All three of us asked in unison.

"Great!" Harry stood up smiling.

"Remember that on a normal day, Slughorn eats rather early, takes a stroll, then goes back to his office," Hermione reminded us.

"Mhm," Harry nodded. "We're going to Hagrid's."

"Excuse me?" I asked.

"But you need to go speak with Slughorn," Hermione groaned.

"I know," Harry groaned. "I can sense that Hagrid's is where we need to be. Get my feeling?"

"No," they shook their heads.

"Well, I'm going with Harry's feeling because...potions," I shrugged. "See you later!"

We left the room. Harry was rather friendly to everyone we encountered. I didn't mind it. Kind of funny to watch strangers interact with a very happy person.

I followed Harry as we passed by the Greenhouse. I turned to him, "Where are we going?"

"Short cut," Harry explained. We passed by an open window. I almost couldn't tell someone was behind it until Harry stopped and noticed it himself. He went up to the professor.

Slughorn jumped, "In Merlin's name!"

"Sorry Professor Slughorn," Harry smiled. "Should of spoke up, I guess. You must've thought I was Professor Sprout, huh?"

"Yes," he nodded, clipping a leaf off of a moving plant. "But what makes you think so?"

"Well you're kind of hiding while trying to take some ingredients," I motioned towards the plant.

"Aren't these plants special?" Harry asked.

"Why yes," Slughorn nodded. "Worth 10 galleons a leaf...I don't sell them though. Just taking them for academic purposes."

I nodded, Yeah, okay.

"I've always thought those plants are weird," Harry shuttered. Harry motioned me to continue on. We turned to leave but Slughorn came out from behind his window.

"How'd you two get out of the castle?" Slughorn asked.

"Walked out the door," Harry replied. I had to hold back a chuckle. "We're headed to Hagrid's. Dear friend of ours and we haven't seen him in a while. Thought we might stop by and visit."

"Yes, Bridget was telling me about that at the party," Slughorn nodded.

"Well, we must get going," Harry to turned to walk out.

"Wait, Harry," Slughorn put up him hand. "It's nearly dark out. And as a professor, I cannot have you roaming out alone."

"Then join us," I replied. We got outside and started down the hill.

Slughorn followed, "Harry Potter and Bridget Meadows. I insist that you come back to the castle with me instantly."

"We can't do that sir," Harry called back. "Can't do anything back there."

"Why would you think that?" He called back.

Harry shrugged, "Not a clue."

I smirked. I looked down the kill. Hagrid was standing by something rather large. We got down and I saw that it was an Acromantula. Didn't want to place bets he, but I swore it looked like Aragog. From second year.