Selfish

I was about to head for bed when a pop startled me from behind. I jumped. The laughing from behind gave it away who it was.

"Very funny, George," I turned to the redhead. "I'm guessing your feeling better."

"After you saved my life, I'm great."

"I didn't save your life," I rolled my eyes and started up the stairs. He followed. "I just fixed your ear the best I could."

"But you still saved me," he nudged me. "But you know about Fleur and Bill's wedding tomorrow, right?"

"Yeah," I nodded.

"Well, as an I 'owe ya one' would you want to attend it with me?"

"Like a date?"

He scratched the back of his neck, "Not necessarily. We'd go purely as friends, but if a song came on, we could dance together. And I could get you drinks or food. We could socialize...together? If you want that is."

I chuckled, "That sounds lovely," I leant against the doorframe of the room I was staying in.

He smiled, "Great! I'll see you tomorrow morning."

I bid him good night and went into the room. I opened my trunk. I sorted out my dress for the next day.

"So you're going to the wedding with George, huh?" Hermione's voice echoes behind me.

I stood up to turn to her, "It's just a friendship thing. It would be like going with Harry."

She gave me a stern look, "Bridge."

"What?" I groaned.

"It's okay to move on now."

"I'm not talking about this," I sat down on the bed.

"Well I am," she sat on the bed across from me. "You haven't even looked at a guy since you and Draco broke things off. He left, Bridge. You deserve better."

I sighed, "I know. I know," I looked to her. "But, 'Mione, I still love him." Her face seemed shocked. I nodded, "I know. I still love him, and I hate myself for it. But when you love someone like that...it's like giving part...it's like a horcrux, but not. And I can't do that again. At least, not now. Not in the middle of a war. I have so much to lose already...I can't give them another weapon to use against me. Now, I'm done talking about it. It's best we both try to sleep now. It's been a long night."

She nodded, "Okay." We both crawled underneath our blankets. She spoke up again, "Are you going to put anything on that eye?"

I huffed out a chuckle, "It'll be fine. Now, let's sleep."

"Alright," she groaned. "Good night, Bridget." The light went out.

"Good night, 'Mione," I replied. I laid there. It seemed like little of time, but hours had passed. I opened my pocket watch. We had enough light from the moon that I could see it. It was 1:47. I sat up. Hermione was passed out.

I crawled out of bed and slipped on my shoes. I headed down the stairs as quietly as I could. I heard a couple of snores from the living room as I headed out of the house. It was chilly, but I was fine in swestpants and a t-shirt.

I laid on the grass in the front yard. The stars were out. I stared at them. It was remarkable to me how they shone so bright while being surrounded by a void of darkness and nothingness.

I took a few deep breaths. The smell of the night always kept me at ease. The mix of home, dewed grass, and other grasses made me feel warm. I smiled.

"Bridget?" I heard a familiar voice whisper. I looked back. Harry was carrying his backpack. "What are you doing out here?"

"I should be asking you the same thing, Traveler," I sat up and faced him.

He didn't say anything. He opened his mouth, "I...It's just...Listen, I have to go. It's best for-"

"Harry," Ron's voice came form behind. We both looked to see Ron just leaving the house. "Where do you think your going? And Bridget, why are you on the ground?"

"I was just watching the stars when Harry began to leave."

"I can't have anyone else dying," Harry said as I stood up.

"That's exactly what going to happen whether you leave or not," I argued.

"But it won't be because of me. Not anymore."

"It'll keep happening until it's over," I argued. "You can't stop that."

"Do you think we're doing this all because of you?" Ron asked. "Moody dying? George loosing his ear? All because of you? This is bigger than just you mate."

"Harry," I grabbed his shoulder. "They are doing this because they want their Wizarding World back. And you're the key. They want to be happy again. Not be scared to live. This is not just you."

"Then why don't you two come with me?" Harry asked.

"We can't just leave Hermione," Ron told him.

"That and Voldemort can wait a bloody minute," I nodded. "Something amazing is happening tomorrow; and man and a woman who love each other are going to be bound together. Voldemort shouldn't stop us from trying to enjoy the life that we have while we have it. I sure as hell won't let him take away the pleasures of being alive."

"Yeah," Ron nodded. "Besides Hermione is one of the good things we have left. We wouldn't last a day without her."

We both looked to him. He stuttered on his words, "Don't...Uh...Don't tell her that I told you that."

I smiled and shook my head, "You still have that trace too. The weddings tomorrow and-"

"Bridge," he groaned. "I don't care. The trace or the wedding. I'm sorry to say that but it's true. I need to go and find these horcruxes-"

"And we will," I was starting to get fed up with his attitude, "after the wedding. I'm sorry you don't care, but I'm sure you care about the people in that house. Do it for them. Now, we are going to enjoy ourselves tomorrow and tomorrow night. We will drink, smile, dance, socialize. Then after that we can go horcrux hunting all you want."

"He's getting stronger as we stay here-"

"No he's not," I argued. "His army might grow bigger, but we get stronger the longer we're together. Our love grows for one another. I would do anything for that baby inside of Tonks or Tonks herself, even though I've only known her a year. Now, stop being a dick, go inside, rest, and be ready for the wedding tomorrow."

Harry looked at me. He was angry with me, I could tell, but he knew I was right. He turned from us and dropped his backpack on the ground. Ron picked it up. I shook my head, "Fine. Pout. Be angry all you want. I'll be inside sleeping if you need me." I turned and started for the house. Within a matter of three seconds I heard feet behind me. I smiled.

I always win.