Being Badass

My heart was pounding through my ears. I watched the hunched over creature with the some of the worst anxiety I've ever had. But I had a duty to protect my friends. And that's what I was going to do. 

I heard my friends whispering behind me, before Hermione came to my side. I pushed her back with the others, "All of you, shut up!" I whisper-shouted. "Remember what Snape taught you; once turned, a werewolf doesn't know what the human did. Don't try and get the human out, because you will have no avail. Understand?!" 

They all nodded fearfully, and I turned my gaze back to the whimpering creature. But they didn't listen to me. I heard Hermione go, "Professor? Professor Lupin?" 

"What don't you understand about the words 'shut up'?" I asked. 

The werewolf looked to all of us, then howled. My heart stopped. I kept my gaze on the monster as it crept towards us. A growl came from deep down in my throat. Probably shouldn't have done that though. 

"There you are, Potter! Meadows!" Snape's voice echoed behind me. 

The creature didn't seem to pleased and went to attack. I jumped and transformed mid-air. I can't become a werewolf in my animagus form, I remembered as I tackled the thing. I could barely hear the gasps and yelling coming from behind me through the yelps and cries from the creature and me. I would get in a bite or scratch, it would do the same. I got it down for long enough and it kind of rolled slightly down hill. I ran back up to the professor and my friends. I transformed back. 

"You are in serious trouble, Meadows," Snape scowled. 

"You're an animagus?!" Ron was baffled. 

Hermione was just astonished, "Is this what your meetings with McGonagall were about?" 

"Why didn't you tell me?" Harry asked. 

"Too many questions, not enough time," I panted. "Just wait until I save your lives. If I come back, that is. Severus, keep them here. And," I pointed to Harry, "don't let him out of your sight. Harry, don't follow me. Whatever you do."  

I smelled something, like wet dog and wood in the air. I spun around and the werewolf was a few feet from us. I put out my arms to protect them. Right as he was about to swing at me, he was knocked over by a black dog. I smiled, and transformed immediately. I sniffed at the air. That way, I told myself, pointing my nose in the direction of the rocks.

I barked and growled as I made my way down there. I got there to see Sirius in critical condition. I ran up to the werewolf. It was facing away from me, which gave me the advantage. I jumped onto it's back, digging my claws into his shoulder blades. I bit and nipped at his neck. He thrashed around and hollered. I kept good hold though. 

I didn't keep the hold for long, sadly. He threw me off of him. I hit something, I don't know what. But I let out a cry as I slipped back down to the ground. Bet it's a tree, I groaned to myself in pain. Just like first year. 

I tried to get up, but he was getting closer. Some blob hit him in the head. The monster turned, and growled. He leaped over the shrub and it gave me time to get up. I stretched and popped my back, Oh, that felt great. 

I jumped over the shrub. Harry was standing on the other side of the werewolf. I started to bark like crazy. I really hoped I would've gotten its attention. And I did. It looked to me then to Harry, then back to me. I growled and crawled closer, baring my sharp, canine teeth. It was about to swipe at me, when a howl was heard from off in the distance. It stopped. It glanced towards the distance. The howl came once more. 

He stopped, almost as to think. he looked back and ran off into the trees. I was about to transform back into a human again to chew out Harry, when a whine came from behind me. The look on Harry's face made me worried. I turned around. Sirius' animagus form was trying to get up, and follow the werewolf. He transformed back into a human and stumbled out of sight. I heard him his the dirt and start rolling down the hill.