Obstacles Galore

It had just became nightfall and everybody had gone to bed. Hermione and I snuck out of the girl dormitories. After we closed the door, Harry and Ron were waiting for us right a few feet ahead. We all tiptoed down the stair and into the common room.

As soon as we were in the common room, I (and I guess the others) saw Trevor. He was sitting on the arm of a chair. Then he started to croak as soon as Harry said, "Trevor..."

"Shush Trevor, you aren't supposed to be here," Ron tried to shut the toad up.

I turned around, "It's not like somebody is going to hear the toad and wake up."

"And neither should you," I heard a voice behind me. I turned around and Neville was standing up from the chair.

"Neville, you're up too," I mentioned. I had never really talked that much to Neville. To anybody besides these three people really.

"Because I heard you guys getting up," He said crossing his arms. "You guys are sneaking out again, aren't you?" He asked. I looked in his eyes; he was very upset and scared.

"Now Neville listen," Harry tried to reason with him.

"No," Neville stood his ground. "You're going to get Gryffindor into trouble again. I-I-I'll fight you," He put his fists up.

I sighed. Poor Neville, trying to be brave.

"Neville I'm sorry I have to do this to you," Hermione got out her wand. Oh no. "Petrificus totalus," and with that Neville froze up and fell to the ground.

"You know, you scare me sometimes," Ron piped up. "Brilliant, but scary."

"Sorry Neville," I said as we walked past him. I heard him mumble something but I couldn't make out what he said. I felt bad for him, I really did.

~ Another Time Skip ~

We were at the door now. That has Fluffy in it; the trapdoor; everything underneath the trapdoor. Going in was going to make our lives change. And we did. We walked in, and a harp was playing. Fluffy was fast asleep.

"Looks like Snape's already been here," Harry started. "And he put a spell on the harp." We all walked over to Fluffy.

It's not Snape.

"Is it bad I want to pet it right now?" I asked.

I turned to them, and they all nodded.

"Ugh," Ron groaned. "It's got horrible breath."

"Well, Ron, it is a dog," I pointed out.

Harry walked over where the trapdoor was, "Come on, we have to move it's paw."

We all walked over and pushed the paw off the door. We all knelt down beside the door.

I noticed that the harp stopped playing.

"I'll go first," Harry piped up.

"Guys," I whispered.

"I'll signal you for you guys to come down next," Harry continued.

"Guys," I got a bit louder.

"If anything bad happens, get yourselves out," Harry finally said.

"Guys," I spoke up.

"What?" They all turned to me.

"The harp," I said. "It stopped playing." I saw their faces grow with fright as they looked up. Fluffy was right above us, growling. We all screamed. "Everyone down, jump." I said.