Chapter 6- Books

I had just sat down at lunch, like any other normal, completely average day. I had just sat down at my table, closest to the smelly garbage and far away from anyone other than nerds, that still sat at least 2 tables away. I was crouched over my newest book series discovery, "The Immortal Instruments" or the "Clockwork books" as I called it. It was a prequel to "The Mortal Instruments" series or "City books" and I called those.

I was sipping the water bottle I had brought with me and munching quietly on my little bag of crackers and that I had dipped in my homemade hummus.

I'm not really a health nut, I was just to lazy to pack a real lunch.

I was so engrossed by the interesting piece of literature I was reading I didn't realized the lunchroom had fallen dead silent, the only a sound the thumping of boots against the cement floor. I didn't realize the sound of it coming closer, and closer, and closer.

I hadn't realized anything until a voice spoke clear in my ear.

"Nice book."

I spun around, coming face to face with the sky blue eyes of...you guessed it!

Carter Peters.

********************

Carters's P.O.V

I watched as she quickly whipped her head around and froze as her topaz eyes met mine. I was taken a little by suprise. Her eyes held no fear, unlike every other person in this whole school. Her eyes had a familiar confidence, a sort of power that I had never seen her wear. I had been at school for 4 days and had gotten in 3 fights, 1 yelling match and 2 car races. But besides causing trouble, I had been keeping an eye on her. People treated her like scum, a piece of old gum on the bottom of a shoe that needed to be scraped off.

I wasn't going to let that continue.

"Is this seat taken?" I asked her, my hands directing to the seat across from her.

"No, but why would you want to sit here?" she asked, no fear or anger laced her voice, just plain curiosity.

"Why wouldn't I want to sit with the only remotely real person at this school?" I asked. She raised an eyebrow, contemplating my answer.

"So, can I sit here?" I said again. She thought for a moment, then shrugged her shoulders and nodded.

I plopped on the seat directly across from her and started eating my lunch, basically just a bag if chips and an apple.

I surveyed my surroundings, every single person had their eyes glued to me.

I looked forward facing Jasmine.

"So-" I cut myself off when I saw Jasmine staring at something right above me. I turned around in my seat to see 3 figures, all tall blonds with faces caked in ridicules amounts of makeup and spray tans matched only by an Oompa Loompa.

"Sup" I greeted, my hand rummaging through my bag of Lays to find a suitable sized chip.

"Why don't you come sit at my table, and we can get to know each other?" The tallest one purred, her manicured nail dragging down my chest.

I pushed her hand away, her eyes went wide and confused. "Nope, I'm find here sitting with my friend."

Ok, now that was getting quite the reaction.

Everyone's eyes ( including Jasmine's) went as big a saucers and their jaws dropped.

"Why would you be friends with that!" The girl demanded.

"Why not?" I questioned, raising my eyebrow.

"At least I'm pretty." She fired back.

"At least she didn't get her beauty from a bottle." I stated plainly,

"What beauty, where'd she get her tan, the moon!"

"Where'd you get your tan, a bag of Doritos?" I challenged, matching her tone.

She childishly stomped her heel on the floor, making a Sicking crack on the ceraminc floor.

"Your gonna pay, my Daddy is the principal!" She screeched.

"Well my Daddy signs your Daddy's paychecks!" I replied casually.

"Ugggh!" she screamed, turned and waddled away on her now broken heel.

"Well that was interesting." I said, turning back to Jasmine.

"Hell yeah, friend." She said like she was testing the word in her mouth.
"It's interesting" she continued. "I've never had one before."

I looked at her like she had grown a second head.

"You've never had a friend?" I asked, dumbfounded.

"Nope, this will be interesting." She said and turned her attention back to the open book in front of her.

Oh, you have no idea.

SURPRISE! BONUS CHAPTAH