Chapter 28- Discoveries

"What the hell do you meant you switching schools!" I yelled at Vanessa and Abby.

It had been a peaceful two months. Carter and I hung out a lot, half of the time with the other guys and the other doing an avuncular of random shit with all of his 'connections'.

"I'm sorry." The said and I softened my eyes.

"Why?" I asked.

"My parents want to move us to a private school." She said and I groaned.

"Your guy's parents suck." I commented and they chuckled.

"It's okay, we'll still meet her all the time." Abby tried.

"But it's not the same! You leaving me alone with the boys!" I cried and fell back on the bed.

"I'm sooooooooo sorry!" They said and hugged me.

"We are having a sleepover." Abby said firmly and I nodded.

I went upstairs and got a bunch of food ready and laid out.

I was already ready when I realized I didn't have on my disguise and froze because I had heard footsteps. I tried to run quietly and made it to the door when I heard somebody call my name.

I froze but snapped out of it and ran in the bathroom, slamming the door behind me. I quickly pulled my hair in a bun and changed into sweats and a loose shirt. After I was done getting ready I walked back out.

"Hey Jasmine?" I heard Carter ask.

I tried to calmly turn around but I couldn't hide my nervousness. "Yeah?"

He looked me up and down before looking back at my eyes. "Why'd you change and put your hair up?"

"Oh! I just had to change, I had a bunch things on my clothes after I made food and my hair band fell out." I said quickly and he perked up.

"Food?" He asked and I nodded.

"It's in the kitchen!" I said a bit too loudly and he turned and ran to the kitchen, I let out the breath I had been holding and leaned back on the wall.

Damn that was close.

I straightened up and went back to the dining room and got a bowl of popcorn. "We're watching Divergent." I told them and the girls and Ryder smiled while the other two groaned.

I rolled my eyes. "Man up."

I heard them groan again but ignored them and took a seat on the small couch in front of the TV.

Carter hopped into the seat next to me and started eating my popcorn.

I glared at him and smacked his hand. "Get your own"

He rolled his eyes and the movie started and about halfway through the movie I fell asleep.

*****

I woke up on Carters chest in the morning and lifted my cheek off of his shirt and saw that there was a nice sized pale makeup stain on his navy shirt.

"What's that?" He asked and I quickly shot my head up.

"Uh-uh-I have bad acne." I blurted out too fast to even consider the words that spilled out of my mouth.

He raised his eyebrow and I chuckled awkwardly.

"It medicine." I tried but miserably failed at keeping my tone strong and steady.

He looked at me strangely before rolling his eyes and getting up.

"I'm gonna go raid your fridge." He said casually and walked away, leaving me sighing in relief and slapping my self.

I won't let that happen ever again.

***

After a few days the panic of slipping up again subsided.

I am currently laying on his lap (yay) and beating his ass at COD.

"Hahaha!" I gloated as it said I had right more kills than him.

He frowned and looked at me.

"Hey, what time is it?" He asked and I turned to look at the clock on the far wall and checked.

"Three fifty eight, why?" I asked and turned back to him.

He was now standing up with his arms crossed and one bushy eyebrow raised.

"You don't have your glasses on." He stated and I instantly shot my hand up to my face, managing to poke myself in the eye.

Smooth move Jaz, real smooth.

He looked at me expectantly again but I came up speechless.

He looked quite angry with this reaction and stormed out of the room and slammed the front door.

I ran after him but stopped myself because I didn't have the faintest idea on what I should say.

I groaned and fell back in the couch and hoped that a black hole would come up and swallow me whole, taking me away to stop making mistakes.